ANZ breakfree offfset account query

Does the ANZ allow for more than 1 offset account (ANZ One) as part of the breakfree package (i.e. similar to Commbank's multiple MISA's)?

Or would I have to cough up $10pcm for privilege of a second offset account?

Does the ANZ allow for more than 1 offset account (ANZ One) as part of the breakfree package (i.e. similar to Commbank's multiple MISA's)?

Or would I have to cough up $10pcm for privilege of a second offset account?

$10pm it is unless u suck up to the branch manager and they waive it

tdh, under the t/c it says,
- at least one Mortgage a/c
- one CC a/c
- one transaction a/c
I have the package,and they originally linked the wrong a/c (with no money in it). I phoned them up and they deleted that link and linked the correct a/c, which suggests to me, as they didn't just add the correct a/c, that only one is allowed.

$10pm it is unless u suck up to the branch manager and they waive it

Any waivers loaded outside policy run the risk of being picked up and removed down the track. Any branch staff member who is "willing" to reverse such a fee may not the following month or may have moved onto another branch/department. I wouldn't be counting on not paying the 2nd offset fee as part of my decision on taking out the package.

hhmm ... few different responses there. I don't mind the $10pcm cause I need it only for 3-4months max (using it to store cashout. Not really a fan of LOC's). A second breakfree package fee makes it much more expensive that I would have thought.

I believe few ppl have been successful in getting 2 offsets under the same breakfree package.

Will give it a go; and report back to the forum on how I went.

Any waivers loaded outside policy run the risk of being picked up and removed down the track. Any branch staff member who is "willing" to reverse such a fee may not the following month or may have moved onto another branch/department. I wouldn't be counting on not paying the 2nd offset fee as part of my decision on taking out the package.

Thats exactly true. I was in at a CBA branch where I used to work years ago. The manager said that every client who negotiated a deal outside of wealth package has been written to and told either take a package or lose your discounts.

I'd imagine this is happening in more than one branch as well.

We have a breakfree package and we have two free 100% offset accounts.

We were told that because one of the accounts is an "old" interest saver account (previous name for offset account) they would not charge us for the "new" offset account.

I don't care how they describe it, I am happy to accept the two free accounts.
Marg

Hiya Marg

ANZ used to do a HLIS (Home loan interest saver acct) for free

Then that was too smart and they killed that

Nothing stopping you from a second ANZ one acct for 10 a month

ta
rolf

We have had a breakfree package for 4 years and have 3 offset accounts - the main ANZ one, plus two Home Loan Interest Savers, which have been linked to various loans at different times.

We have had a breakfree package for 4 years and have 3 offset accounts - the main ANZ one, plus two Home Loan Interest Savers, which have been linked to various loans at different times.

Hi Qasar

the benefit of legacy products

The HLIS is no longer available.............I guess maybe because ot was free and its replacement costs 10 a month :)

ta
rolf

Ah OK, I didn't know they no longer did it! We've just sold one property but will hang onto the offset account for when we buy another!

Hi Qasar

the benefit of legacy products

The HLIS is no longer available.............I guess maybe because ot was free and its replacement costs 10 a month :)

ta
rolf

Is there anyway to get it for free? (i.e. getting extra offset instead of Visa credit card)

Would be benefit with another free offset account

HLIS is different (I have 1). The ANZ 1 account is free free only for the 1 account. As the fee for this account is monthly and waiver (outside branch guidlines) cannot be counted on. I worked for the bank for around 14 years and my wife still does. i have many contacts there and my previous post still stands.
Anyone with a HLIS is advised to kep it even if the $5k (was $2k) is advised to do so. If the branch where the account is held contacts you to advise that the minimum balance is below the Terms and Conditions I would suggest teling them that you plan to have the balance over $5k in the near future. once the HLIS product code is changed to something else it CANNOT be changed back.

Sorry for any typos but it's been a busy Saturday arvo :)

Sorry to hijack this tread again
I was being told by the branch that opening a Disc Family trust account is under Business subset? Is that true? Can I open my DFT account under Access Advantage?

folks,
just come back from ANZ branch .... and I now have a 2nd offset account under the existing breakfree package without any additional charges (no additional breakfree fee or the $10pcm). FYI the first account wasn't HLIS; just an everyday savings account which was converted to ANZ One in the breakfree package.
The 2nd one was setup for me by the bank manager at the branch .... so don't know if that provided an advantage?

It doesn't really. What the manager has done is outside policy. This only concerns you should the do an audit on your breakfree package. At such time the fee waiver will be removed and a letter sent indicating this. The bank does periodically go through certain fee exemptions loaded so there is a fair chance at some stage this may occur.

The ANZ breakfree team must have picked it up at settlement. Go back to the manager and tell him "you said". He/she was wrong but if they've told you something wrong you may get the fee reversed.
Anything further maybe a push as the Terms and conditions clearly state only the 1 is allowed.

Back