ANZ free book offer......

G'day all,

ANZ are offering a free investment book, only catch is you need to fill in a simple survey form.

"If you are still not sure where to start, complete the form below and short online survey and we will send you information regarding ANZ Home Loans and a FREE copy of Greg Smith's latest book, 'Unlock the Secrets to your Money Personality and Change your Life', RRP $18.95."

http://www.anz.com/australia/channels/promotion/spring/

Cheers
watto

Hi Watto,

thanx for that, I entered my details & look forward to the free book (I like how they give you the option to be honest & indicate that you just filled out the survey just for the free book)...

Cheers,

MannyB.

Hi Jas,

they should... although you do indicate you ONLY filled out the survey is for the book, you still give them valuable information by ranking the statements they have listed (that information is valuable to them)...

I have filled out an ANZ survey in the past to receive a free magazine (I think it was one of those better home & garden ones, worth around $8-$9) & I did get it... so I think I should be getting the book soon ;)

Cheers,

MannyB.

Wow a free survey!

Hang the book - I just like filling in surveys.... :p

I'm going to pick the option:
Not looking for a home loan. Just want to receive a free book.

And see if I still get the book.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Originally posted by watto
G'day all,

ANZ are offering a free investment book, only catch is you need to fill in a simple survey form.

"If you are still not sure where to start, complete the form below and short online survey and we will send you information regarding ANZ Home Loans and a FREE copy of Greg Smith's latest book, 'Unlock the Secrets to your Money Personality and Change your Life', RRP $18.95."

http://www.anz.com/australia/channels/promotion/spring/

Cheers
watto

I filled out this a few weeks ago and have already received the book. So, yes they do send it out to you for filling in the survey.

And there wasn't to much other marketing material in the pack either.

Cheers
Robert

That's good that they give you the option, and still send you in the book.

I can see from their POV, they want to attract potential leads, so having the option 'no home loan, just the book' saves them time. I'm glad they still see it as upholding their side. The book for the survey.

Thinking about it further, they probaly have billions of these books, and having the honesty option there saves them time, and makes them look good.

I filled it in, now waiting for my book :)

Jas

Originally posted by NigelW
Oh yea of little faith! don't you trust the Banks Jas?

No comment Nigel ;)

I've figured it out! The book is one of those ad-books.

You know those books that are little more than advertisments for the author or sponsor's services.

Jas

Originally posted by Jas
Originally posted by NigelW
Oh yea of little faith! don't you trust the Banks Jas?

No comment Nigel ;)

I've figured it out! The book is one of those ad-books.

You know those books that are little more than advertisments for the author or sponsor's services.

Jas

Hi Jas,

I've got the book, but is it worth to spend time on? Did you have a look at it?
Thanks.

Hi all,

Seems everyone has received the book... does anyone have any comments on it yet???

Jamie :p

P.S. Jas, you are a skeptic ... it took me under 45 secs to fill out the form... A free book for 45 secs work and you are still apprehensive... Race you to the best critique of it...

Jamie :D

Last edited:
Please don't critique the book just yet as I haven't received my copy yet. The mail is a litttttle sloooowww heeeerrrrreee.

bye

[Originally posted by Jamie

P.S. Jas, you are a skeptic ... it took me under 45 secs to fill out the form... A free book for 45 secs work and you are still apprehensive... Race you to the best critique of it...

Not apprehensive Jamie, just careful of where my details end up.

I agree with the skeptic bit (though I did fill in the suvey, so obviously I'm not committed to my convictions :) )

Jas

What do you know - they sent me a copy of the book even though I told them I didn't want to touch their loan products :)

I'd advise everyone to get this book, simply for the tongue-in-cheek insert ad the ANZ included - 'The Home Space-Saver Catalogue.

It includes such great space-saving ideas as the Kollapsable Kitchen - including a hotplate and sink that fold up to fit in a suitcase - and the triple-storey Pet Palace.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

I got the book in the mail yesterday. A free book is a free book but I don't know how much value there will be in it. After a quick flick through it certainly wasn't beckoning me to sit on my butt and read large slabs of it ... I'll happily provide a more realistic "review" when I have a chance to look at it in more detail.

But I too answered their survey saying I was only interested in the book, not their home loans. That at least gives ANZ kudos for doing the right thing by the survey respondents.

I got it, I started reading it.... and then other things cropped up and I put it down, haven't touched it since.

So I agree, its not amazing...

I think it is a bit of an ad book - not for the ANZ thou. It's an ad book for the writer, who 'happens' to offer financial planning.

Jas

Hi Acey,

I agree with the Space-Saver catalogue comments!

My favourite is the grandstand lounge chair "an ingenious double decker lounge suite on castors".

What I want to know is, if you are sitting on the top row, where do you put your beer?

Jamie :p :p :p

he he he

yes, I found the space saver book more interesting myself.

The "real" book is very basic, just the same old......... BUT it would be helpful for beginners so I guess there is a need for this type of book. I just don't feel we need another book saying the same thing in a different way, then again the price was right :D

I thought the fold up kitchen would be ideal for small bedsitter units and my wife was super impressed with the inflatable chopping board (repair kits available) lol, actually I got a lot of laughs out of it , they should be pushing that book, I have recommended it to a mate of mine.

Macca :D

Back