ANZ interest rates

Has anyone with an ANZ loan seen the interest rate drop .8% on the loan details page? Mine still only reflects the .25% drop from earlier.

No my loans haven't droped yet either, I have two loans with anz money saver and it still says my rate is 8.67% I see on there web site that the new rate is only 8.17 so It looks like I am only getting a .5 cut ??? they now have a new loan called simplicity plus which is now at 7.87% (.8% cut from yesterday).

That has really made me quite angry as I was expecting the full .8% cut.
I will be talking to them tomorrow to see how much it will cost to change both loans to simpicity plus.

Juz

Hi All

Im sure you will find she will all be hunky.

You will be billed at 80 pts off from today

even though the website per se may not show this right now, it may take them a day or 2 to get it lined up.

Seems simple but

ta
rolf

I've got an interest only anz residential investment loan, and an offset account. The first payment is due in approximately 2 weeks. Does Anz have the facilitity to accrue the daily interest on the loan balance minus the offset balance and then charge that to my offset account each month, or do I have to manually set up a transfer from the offset account to the loan prior to the date the interest is charged? At the moment I've calculated the interest for 31 days based on the loan balance only and set up an automatic transfer each month from the offset account to the loan, is that the wrong way to go about it?

I've got an interest only anz residential investment loan, and an offset account. The first payment is due in approximately 2 weeks. Does Anz have the facilitity to accrue the daily interest on the loan balance minus the offset balance and then charge that to my offset account each month, or do I have to manually set up a transfer from the offset account to the loan prior to the date the interest is charged? At the moment I've calculated the interest for 31 days based on the loan balance only and set up an automatic transfer each month from the offset account to the loan, is that the wrong way to go about it?

We've got far too many accounts with ANZ;) Simply tell them which loan you want the offset account to work against - and which account# you want the interest paid due on your loan direct debited from every month - and they will do it automatically. They do all the calcs based on the money in your offset account each day. Too easy.

Cheers,
Jen

We've got far too many accounts with ANZ;) Simply tell them which loan you want the offset account to work against - and which account# you want the interest paid due on your loan direct debited from every month - and they will do it automatically. They do all the calcs based on the money in your offset account each day. Too easy.

Cheers,
Jen

Can the account the interest is debited from, be the offset account?
I might call them and get them to remove the manual recurring payment I've set up (since the interest charged should be different each month depending on number of days and number of dollars sitting in the offset on each day of the month).

Last edited:
Can the account the interest is debited from, be the offset account?
I might call them and get them to remove the manual recurring payment I've set up (since the interest charged should be different each month depending on number of days and number of dollars sitting in the offset on each day of the month).

Yes, it can - all of our interest is deducted from our Offset accounts (remember that the offset account is the exact same thing as your every-days savings account). Make sure that you notify them of the account# (of the offset account) that the interest should be direct debited from - it's a simple form you fill out from memory - can probably even do it online now!.

Cheers,
Jen

Juzzac,

I am in a similar situation. One of my loans is for around 180k (less than the magic 250k) and is fixed. When it comes off fixed in early November, ANZ have told me I will revert to getting 0.5% disount. I have other loans with them (under breakfree), so my total lend is well and truly over 250k. When I signed up the +250k discount was 0.7% and I believe is now less, however they have given me the 0.7% on other loans "as that is what I signed up with". However now they are saying that on the smaller loan I will only get 0.5%...think I will go have a chat with the bank manager!

Back