ANZ rate announcement

what about the golf days, lunches, conferences etc. all paid by the banks

They rarely do any of that any more. About the only confrence that attracts any decent sponsorship is the annual MFAA confrence, which brokers have to pay to attend. The best food you tend to get at various functions would be some sandwitches and bad coffee.

I've been given a lot of pens and notepads over the years though.

what about the golf days, lunches, conferences etc. all paid by the banks

never been to a golf day, dont have time for lunch, and conferences are usually a waste of space, better spent chasing new business :)

My best premiums in recent times are

sun screen
A big umbrella
A beach chair
BBQ tools
Picnic set

The funniest ones

from a lender we placed 20 mill a year with at the time......sticky notes

and from a similar lender that we have a 100 k plus book with, a car charger for a mobile phone, and the following year, a wired mouse.

A useful $ 10 book would do it for me

ta

rolf

never been to a golf day, dont have time for lunch, and conferences are usually a waste of space, better spent chasing new business :)

My best premiums in recent times are

sun screen
A big umbrella
A beach chair
BBQ tools
Picnic set

The funniest ones

from a lender we placed 20 mill a year with at the time......sticky notes

and from a similar lender that we have a 100 k plus book with, a car charger for a mobile phone, and the following year, a wired mouse.

A useful $ 10 book would do it for me

ta

rolf

im only stirring....

Taking that ANZ raised thier interest rate twice within the last few months to compensate for 'borrowing costs', it's **** poor that try are only offering .37% discount on thier SVR. I thought since they have made up for thier costs with previous increases, they would deliver close to the full 50 basis points.

Also, taking the average $300,000 loan, ANZ provides the lowest discount of 0.6% thus making thier effect rate about 6.44% (which I think is the highest among the big banks).

I agree the ANZ response is pretty average in light of their recent increase.

For what it's worth, you should be getting at least a 0.7% discount at ANZ with $300k borrowed. It should be possible to negotiate a 0.8% discount.

Or 1.04 with $1M+. ;) Especially if you negotiated it 2 years ago! :D

In 2011 ANZ was a very compeditive lender based on the discounts they were offering. If you're fortunate enough to enjoy last years pricing you'll still be ahead now.

Since about March this year, they're pretty lousy, other banks are offering better. It goes back to my original statement that the most compeditive priced lenders are the ones offering the biggest discount. The actual interest rate movements aren't that significant, especially given that they're all within 0.10% of each other for quite while now.

My feeling is that it doesn't matter if ANZ reviews pricing independantly of the RBA each month. Other lenders have made it clear that they're doing it, but they're simply timing it to the RBA movements.

My feeling is that it doesn't matter if ANZ reviews pricing independantly of the RBA each month. Other lenders have made it clear that they're doing it, but they're simply timing it to the RBA movements.

Id pretty much agree with that.

Regardless of all the chest beating by ANZ, commercial reality, and to a very large extent, the "hungry to chase best deal broker network" will keep them in their place

ta
rolf

I use a lot a paper and pens. Luckily I rarely have to buy the later. Whoo hooo!!!

A couple of lunches pre gfc is as exciting as its got. Had a $700 DEF waived once but had to really kick up a big fuss for that and they still stung me for one lot of $700.

Personally i find it hard to be friendly friendly with my lender partners because they are constantly making my life difficult (I am prone to angry outburst occastionaly). I just want them to consistently approve my clients deals quickly with as little fuss as possible and to fix their mistakes and to take responsibility for their mistakes. I don't think I am unreasonable either. I put a lot of effort into presenting a "proper application" and expect the same professionalism. Dreaming perhaps.

Back