Apartment Electricity?

Hi all

Just did a test the other day and turned off the mains in my apartment. I then went downstairs to the garage and noticed the lights and power still worked down there.

So my question is, who is paying for that electricty? Strata?

Thanks

Hi all

Just did a test the other day and turned off the mains in my apartment. I then went downstairs to the garage and noticed the lights and power still worked down there.

So my question is, who is paying for that electricty? Strata?

Thanks

Yep, Strata would pay for all common area electricity.

You will find that there are 2 circuit breakers for your unit in the complexes power room.

One that is the main circuit breaker to your unit and the other for the garage. The garage one will be a mixed circuit ie both light and power.

The circuit board in your unit is a sub board.

Cheers

Could always start up growing hydroponic tomatoes and see if your electricity bill sky rockets?

:D I'm actually trying to save money by putting timers in around the place. Was just something I noticed that's all.

You will find that there are 2 circuit breakers for your unit in the complexes power room.

One that is the main circuit breaker to your unit and the other for the garage. The garage one will be a mixed circuit ie both light and power.

Thanks. Explains heaps :)

Cheers

+1,Main ingredient.

We recently found a building, which was strata titled 10 years ago and the garages were numbered 12345678 in order, where as on the Strata plan they were numbered 15263748. and for 10 years, no one could work out, why only 1 and 8 could turn on the lights in their garage.

Back