Apartment horror story

Jen, don't return their bond. Apparently they were keeping pets without the lessor's consent. So not only do you take out the additional cleaning due the the mess which was left behind by their pets as they breached the lease you are probably entitled to burial costs.

Lol - love it!

I have lots of general tenant horror stories than apartment related ones.

Recently we've had an apartment we manage flooded because of a burst pipe from another apartment across the hall.

Huge problems with connecting utilities - unless we are using our own utilities companies. They tend to connect the wrong building.

Air conditioners etc breaking are a nightmare to fix, most technicians don't want to touch them and there are "investigation fees" to decipher what is connected to what so they fix the correct unit.

Common areas are never clean enough.

Common maintenance - omg lets not even go there.
We've taken action, solved problems, paid trades people and then sent bills to body corp for reimbursement because we just wanted it DONE!

Equally, EN710: Would it be okay if I used your story about the flea infestation? If you're able to email me with a couple of details about yourself that you're happy for me to use that would be great - name (you're able to remain anonymous if you'd prefer), suburb the apartment was in, and age.

I prefer to stay anonynous - not sure how possible it is though, told the story to a couple of friends already :p
I'd like to know the angle of the article as well...

Do they walk into and smoke in your apartment?

They might as well do, so I can charge them for trespassing. They smoke late nights, middle of the nights, and early morning - the smell of cigarettes are sickening, apart from obviously unhealthy. So we're forced to close our balcony and window everyday, even in the heat of summer as otherwise we'll we woken up in the middle of the night by the smell.
Lack of sleep = usually means I want to punch people

Not sure if you've noticed, but air dilly dallys around the place a bit.
You've got it DT :D

A tenant I had in my unit in Melton (enough said?) turned the place into Fort Knox by attaching a medieval-style wooden bolt across the front door, drilling iron bedframes and ironing boards across window frames and back door and setting up sharp spears undernearth the fence for any intruders to impale themselves on. Not to mention general trashing of the joint. A month after he did a runner after a month of not paying rent, the police rocked up to do a raid on the place while I was fixing it up. They explained they were a little behind on their raiding schedule.
Sold that joint, lessons learnt.

So..... anyone have any advice as to how much I should charge for a mouse disposal fee?

That mouse looks pretty intake and recently departed. I don't think that's mouse juice - could be Datto's bong juice?

My cat would do it for nothing. But sometimes she does a half arsed job and doesn't eat the tail.

They might as well do, so I can charge them for trespassing. They smoke late nights, middle of the nights, and early morning - the smell of cigarettes are sickening, apart from obviously unhealthy. So we're forced to close our balcony and window everyday, even in the heat of summer as otherwise we'll we woken up in the middle of the night by the smell.

Queensland is considering laws to stop smoking on balconies.
http://www.9news.com.au/health/2015...be-banned-from-smoking-on-their-own-balconies

One day I had about 100 flies on my screen trying to get inside my unit. I thought, 'What the hell, I'm not even cooking a roast.'
Some days later the police asked if they could climb our balcony to access next doors property who had left back door slightly open. Stinky! Poor neighbour had been dead for a week next door.

a methhead i once knew tried to smoke her phlegm/spit because she figured her lungs would be full of gear.

true story, try to beat that one! :D

proper feral thing she was

This one might beat it -

A mate who is a plumber got called out to a property with a sewerage issue. Turned out the toilet hadn't been working for 6 months! The tenant had been going about her business in the back yard for that entire time.

When I was PM in Sydney many moons ago, we had a journalist who was doing an article on rentals in North Sydney, she rented a unit then left without paying the rent :rolleyes: I would have liked to write an article about her ...

Here's a crazy idea. Ask them to not smoke close to your place. If you ask them nicely, there's a very good chance that they'll move.

This one might beat it -

A mate who is a plumber got called out to a property with a sewerage issue. Turned out the toilet hadn't been working for 6 months! The tenant had been going about her business in the back yard for that entire time.

Hahaha nice. shes definitely one to take home to mum

2r4ubyr.jpg

If you keep cigarette lighters like that, I'm gonna buy shares in the butane gas coy:D......don't sniff that stuff like they do around the druitt.

Back