Apartment view to be blocked by another building

Hi Guys,

I was wondering, how do we actually find out what constructions are going on in the surrounding of the building of interest ?

There is a piece of land next to my apartment with tractors.. It might be a carpark, apartment, shopping centre or god knows what.

How do I get information on this ?

Contact your council, a DA (development application, may have different names in different areas) should be available for you to look at. In my area I would of been notified if a DA had been submitted prior to approval.

I don't know if all councils do it .
but a couple of ip's I have in one council area
they always send me details if there is a building permit
to be issued within 2-3 km from my ip

go to the council. don't say you don't know if they do it.
you can even call them and ask on the phone if you don't want to go.
i'm sure they will help you solve the problem

Not quite sure of the terminology...

A builder/ company may use a private certifier -- and the neighbours are not notified. (in other words it does not go through council )

I am willing to stand corrected.

My builder recently told me about a house he is building and the owner was not not notified by Council about the house being built next door as Building Company used a private certifier.

One the funny side...
We built an IP and then purchased a block across the road, the Council sent us a Development Proposal notifying us that a DA had been submited for the 2nd block...In other words they notifed us that we had submitted a DA.

Our builder tells us that if a private certifier is used neighbours are not contacted. ( Restate-- I am willing to be corrected on this point as only writing what I have ben verbally told).

Regards
Sheryn

Hi Guys,

I was wondering, how do we actually find out what constructions are going on in the surrounding of the building of interest ?

There is a piece of land next to my apartment with tractors.. It might be a carpark, apartment, shopping centre or god knows what.

How do I get information on this ?

To late -- development approval has been granted.

Sheryn

in the area i have been involved in it hasnt mattered whether a private certifier is used or not. what does matter is the type of da.
that said some complying da's dont get advertised/notified
i have used private certifiers several times and every time the neighbours were mailed as well as a notice in the local newspaper.
dave

Back