Apartments - feasibility, where do I begin

Invstor.... Like the symbol :)

Thanks! I used to have a pic of a beautiful blue butterfly beside my name, I thought it was feminine but everyone thought I was male too so I ditched it.

Good luck with the purchase MTR. Building costs in Perth will be more expensive than Brisbane prices....because it's Perth. :D

Hi MTR,

Depending on the location (zoning, amenity, facilities,etc), marketability and budgets/feasibility, and the site dimensions, you might consider basement carparking. Placing carparking facilities below ground will add additional apartments on the ground. Also having carparking away from public and visitor sight, and having a residential interface on all sides at ground level, is a better urban design solution which adds value to the overall development. However, you've got to do the maths to see if the higher costs is offset by higher yield and sales.

I'd allow costings FROM $2200/sqm if you're going retail.

Hi MTR,

Depending on the location (zoning, amenity, facilities,etc), marketability and budgets/feasibility, and the site dimensions, you might consider basement carparking. Placing carparking facilities below ground will add additional apartments on the ground. Also having carparking away from public and visitor sight, and having a residential interface on all sides at ground level, is a better urban design solution which adds value to the overall development. However, you've got to do the maths to see if the higher costs is offset by higher yield and sales.

I'd allow costings FROM $2200/sqm if you're going retail.

Basement parking seems more common in Melb - I love it as it allows for a lot more 'ground level' interaction for ground floor unit.

$2000 sqm is turnkey, remember. sanj is right about pricing. i;m getting apartments done from 1650sqm but they're rock bottom 2x1s.

on 762 you should fit six 2x2s and a 1x1 - smallest comfortable module i can fit a 2x2 inside is 67sqm plot ratio which is exactly 60 on the title. any less and valuers have a fit, unless it's eastern corridor for some reason. red castle, bayswater, maylands, midland - size no matter. go north - watch out.

i wouldn't do basement parking on 762. not unless it was R100 / RAC or something.

prob should mention what council it is to give more specific advice. assuming spearwood / ham hill / beeliar on 762 blocks…?

$2000 sqm is turnkey, remember. sanj is right about pricing. i;m getting apartments done from 1650sqm but they're rock bottom 2x1s.

on 762 you should fit six 2x2s and a 1x1 - smallest comfortable module i can fit a 2x2 inside is 67sqm plot ratio which is exactly 60 on the title. any less and valuers have a fit, unless it's eastern corridor for some reason. red castle, bayswater, maylands, midland - size no matter. go north - watch out.

i wouldn't do basement parking on 762. not unless it was R100 / RAC or something.

prob should mention what council it is to give more specific advice. assuming spearwood / ham hill / beeliar on 762 blocks??

Hi Aaron
Thanks, still have to secure this property, I should know this week.
Its Bayswater Council.

Cheers
MTR:)

Also
Have you secured a property yet, or still looking??

Back