API magazine seminar

Hi everybody.

I was wondering if anybody has had anything to do with the seminar advertised on page 33 of the latest API magazine.

The seminar is run by a gentleman called Denis Backhouse. Did anyone go to the March event and if so did you think it was worth it??

He is charging $1300 this time and I'm not sure if this is good value or not.

Any comments would be much appreciated

Cheers Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 2

Bob, If $1300 is good value what about $25 for an evening with Jan Somers in Sydney on 10 & 11 July . Now that is value.

Reply: 2.1

Bob
Check out this web address. www.financialsuccesssystems.com
I also have some info I can email to you after making an enquiry myself.
These are the two guys in Bne who were on A Current Affair who do reno's.
Cheers
Glenys

Reply: 2.1.1

Denis runs the seminars for Geoff Doidge and Paul Eslick, I think he is there General Manager or Assistant or something like that.

He runs the show anyway.

Rick Gibson
Brisbane Freestyler Co-Ordinator

Reply: 2.1.2

Hi Robert

The seminar is about renovation tips etc etc by two gentlemen who I understand are very good at it especially in the South East Queensland area. I'm just a little unsure as to wether or not $1300 is a fair amount to spend in regards to obtaining useful renovation information when Michael Croft had an evening seminar, when this is an all day event, and it only cost $59 and was just outstanding!! If I could correlate the two then $1300 would represent a seminar that would blow you off the planet??? Unfortunately I missed the Current Affair show where these guys were wielding their magic
Cheers Bob

Reply: 2.1.1.1

G'day Bob,

Rick Gibson had it about right ... "General Manager or Assistant or something like that."

I am Geoff and Paul's "Office", and I MC their seminars.

I was at the first seminar that Geoff and Paul did together.

I got excited, went out and bought a little doer-upper in Sandgate, used Paul's techniques, took far longer than I should, and still made $34K nett!

I figured that if I stuck real close to Geoff and Paul, some of the stuff they know had to sort of stick ... even to a dummy like me! ... And it is!

I'm now doing another little reno in Brighton that will add around $40K to my nett worth.

Since listening to Geoff and Paul, and getting together with the professional team they have around them .. Accountant, Lawyer, QS, etc, Carrie and I have grown our capital base by at least $250 000 in less than 3 years. We reckon they are good value!

Geoff and Paul write a regular item on renovation in the Australian Property Investor. If anyone on this forum DOESN"T subscribe to API, I can send you a "$10 off" voucher ... Reduces a sub. from $79 a year to $69 a year.

Just email me at [email protected] with your snail-mail address and I'll shoot one off in the mail.

If you haven't had a look at Geoff's website yet_ www.financialsuccesssystems.com -it's worth a browse.

It's a fairly "plain label" site, but packed with valuable info for property investors. Allow a couple of hours to read it all.

Or you can go to Meeting Point and locate Geoff there!

Hope that's useful ... Gosh .. nobody ever asked "Who's Denis Backhouse" on the 'Net before ... Today "something like that" ... Tomorrow ..Who knows?

Best regards,

Denis.

Reply: 2.1.2.1

Hi Bob,

I'm interested in Michael Croft's seminar that you mentioned. Where does he hold them and how can I find out more info?

Cheers

Jim

Reply: 2.1.2.1.1

Hi Jim,

Try www.freestyler.net.au

He is really good, I attended one of his seminars. I am still disappointed that for whatever reason the manual did not eventuate. It would have been definitely
my reno bible.

Tibor

Reply: 2.1.2.1.2

Michael is not doing seminars at this point. He's been too busy doing renos and making other deals.

I had understood that Geoff Doidge's seminar did hands on stuff- you participated in a real reno.

Reply: 2.1.2.1.2.1

So that's where Michael has been hiding. I thought he'd gone to live on Mars or something. If you see him Geoff, tell him there's at least one person on the forum that misses his posts!

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

Back