APM Price Finder and PDS Price Finder ? the same thing ?

I'm going through the process of picking a Data source and under the Price Finder " badge " , the are two different companies selling a price finder product .

APM and PDS

they seem to use the same logo so I'm assuming that they will use a fair amount of common material , but does anyone know if one has additional data / reports available ?

I'm getting a free trial of the PDS version , but the apm doesn't appear to have that available .

Any thoughts ?

cliff

Cliff, Ive been using PDS for the past 12/13 years.

They just trade under different product names over the years... currently Pricefinder - another has been StreetSales.

Have used RPdata & Residex prior, but IMO, PDS (Pricefinder) is the best.

is free trial for PDS even still available? I followed the link on their page and filled out all the details and the form just bounces.

is free trial for PDS even still available? I followed the link on their page and filled out all the details and the form just bounces.

I sent it off on the weekend , but they only respond during business hours , so I'll see this pm .

I'm on the trial period of INVESTAR and their search engine is great . Has lots of different reports / valuation features . What it doesn't do is the ability to generate custom suburb reports , however on a practical basis , while I used that in the previous cycle , with my increased level of knowledge and searching on somersoft it's easy enough to work out which suburbs to look at.

Will be interested to see what PriceFinder is like

Cliff

Unimpressed re price finder service

Very unimpressed re price finder service

Completed form for free trial which said that I would recieve a free trial on Saturday . No suggestions that this was in any way limited .

Was told that I would receive my notification within one hour during business hours .

Today , early afternoon Monday rang up and was informed that this free trial was for industry professionals and not for private investors .

Complained and was told by the customer ( lack of ) service person there was nothing he could do , except he could put in a request to their IT to change their web site to reflect this wasn't available to private investors ..... Could ...

False advertising ...

Cliff

I decided to take the plunge and pay for Pricefinder on a month by month basis (that's my understanding anyway! - haven't tried to pull out of the system yet).

I tried also to get into the 7 day free trial but was bounced out 3 times. I needed the data so took the plunge.

If you can pull out when you need to, I think it's worth the $175/month (+GST), especially since all states are available.

Grrr

Just spent some time trying to Buy a sub so I can check it out more thoroughly .

In the last ten mins I've had three different prices coming up varying from 90 / month to 175 / Month .

when I entered my details on the 90 / month it went to " exception " .

Starting to wonder if this reflects the standard of their product ...

Cliff

Grrr

Just spent some time trying to Buy a sub so I can check it out more thoroughly .

In the last ten mins I've had three different prices coming up varying from 90 / month to 175 / Month .

when I entered my details on the 90 / month it went to " exception " .

Starting to wonder if this reflects the standard of their product ...

Cliff

Hang in there Seech... product is good.

Back