Apple I Phone? worth it or just techno hype...your thougths

Yep, it's all 3rd party though. Read: unstable and not as nicely integrated.

BTW if you have a hacked phone just run installer and install whatever you want, don't pay for any third party apps again.

Thanks David I shall certainly look further into the installer options.

Ahhh, the power of SS to inform.

Thanks, I have decided to wait and see, no need to upgarde phones unless they die. Please feel free to keep posting especially after release.

very grateful, Peter 14.7

If you can get it on a good deal then def get one and buy insurance too. Put it in a pouch or the hard clear case.

I never used mms anyway or 3g video calling. I am with Virgin and their data plan is expensive so I don't need 3G.

But it has Wifi anyway which comes in handy. The LG touch phone is pretty good too and has a lot more phone features than the iPhone.

Also, if you run Windows Vista and install iTunes..you can't print!! I hate Windows Vista. Should have bought a Mac.

You can forward sms, just need to d/l applications from installer. I think it's great to be able to customise it.

has anyone got the asus ezpc? that's another great lil product and affordable.

Hi

I've had one for 6 months - best phone I've ever had and I've had many.

I bought my first mobile phone the first week they came in - around 1984 and have changed mine every year or so.. I love toys:D

The I phone is he best, most intuitive phone I've had - lots of gadgets and downloads and even makes phone calls.

Get one!

I urge everyone not to support a sexist company like Apple that openly practices misogyny!

From this article:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2008/06/the-fingernail.html

"Considering ergonomics and user studies indicating men and women use their fingers and nails differently, why does Apple persist in this misogyny?" Watson-Currie (whose fingers are pictured at right) wrote in a comment on our post Monday about the iPhone launch.

What was she complaining about? Its difficult for women with long fingernails to use the phone! Don't support a company that openly oppresses women like this.

Mark

I urge everyone not to support a sexist company like Apple that openly practices misogyny!

From this article:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2008/06/the-fingernail.html

"Considering ergonomics and user studies indicating men and women use their fingers and nails differently, why does Apple persist in this misogyny?" Watson-Currie (whose fingers are pictured at right) wrote in a comment on our post Monday about the iPhone launch.

What was she complaining about? Its difficult for women with long fingernails to use the phone! Don't support a company that openly oppresses women like this.

Mark

hehehehehehehehe :D

screen protectors

Speaking about covers for your phones, I was looking for a screen protector for my 6131 the other day.
I did a google search and found this site.

http://www.zagg.com/

They give a lifetime guarantee on there products.

I have ordered 2 screen protectors for my 6131 and hubbies 6101

I got a 20% discount and all up with free shipping it cost just over $20AU.

I think they are worth a try...

Have a look at there youtube videos too..

http://www.zagg.com/community/youtube.php

Another vote for the iphone. For me the best thing is having my ipod and phone in one gadget and sms is easier than any other phone ive had

My daughter has just got the new iPhone, released today.

She had gifts from relatives in Mexico especially towards this phone, and was very happy to get it- following my advice that iPhone 1 was just about to get replaced.

I had never played with version 1. But playing with V2 is cool. The interface is nice.

There's a lot of very good features.

I am so used to my "primitive" phone that I can enter text messsages very quickly.

I am much slower with the virtual qwerty keyboard- I am finding it slow going. It may take a while to get up to speed.

But I suspect that there are going to be tears for my daughter.

It is SO easy to get into web applications which will overload the download limit.

In the same way as it's always been so easy to go over the monthly mobile or internet limit.

We will see how many tears are going to happen.

Oh, I am loving my IPhone! A sweet little 16gib one that holds all my songs, a couple of my favourite movies, my photos, and it even makes calls!

Hi,

I got an v1.0 iphone for my brother's girlfriend last year and it wasn't too hard to set up for Vodafone (cost $780 then).

I do like the large display, my only gripe with the iphone v2.0 is;

a) why have such a great graphics display and processor and only have a 2 megapixel camera? 5 would have been great.

b) and why go to 3G and not have a video conferencing option.

I reckon someone will create the iphone periscope to allow people to use the camera on the back as a video conferencing tool.

Michael G

Back