Approach PMs in f'ston together for discount? Interested?

Managment Fees

I think it is more important to have a good PM!! Having said that, if you guys would like to get a discount for coming in together then I would be happy to do something. My discounted rate is 5.5% management fee and a flat leasing and advertising fee of $385 incl. GST. No sundry fees, no end of financial year fees, no statement fees, I won't charge you to attend VCAT if necessary. However, if I need to cut keys, send a registered post or I get charged by a gov. agency (e.g application fee to VCAT). I will pass those charges onto you. Very easy to understand without the hidden additional costs that a lot of agents like to throw in.

PM me if you are all interested and I would love to sort something out. If you want to know more about me and the agency I work for then go to
www.munnpartnersrealestate.com.au . I hope to hear from you.

Interesting thread

I have worked in a number of different agencies and have worked in agencies that charge 8.5% and others who will drop their fees to 5%

I have found that the fees each agency charges makes no difference in the service they give

The agency that charged 8.5% would lose 3 to 4 properties per month in bad management due to the systems they use

Older PM still using paper trails and not using the best information record management

Where I worked for an agency that charged 5% and only lost 1 property in the year I worked there.

Up to date systems and staff training on a weekly basis.

As an owner of multiple properties, yes, so true

Sadly no. Not that I'd mind paying a bit extra to get quality service. Sadly, it doesn't happen. Paying more makes no difference - they don't give a damn.

So yes, whilst there are abundant capital gains to be had in Frankston, one has to be extremely wary of agents. I've been saying this for a long time. Ignore this tidbit at your peril.

Of course we HAVE to deal with agents, there's no choice. But that does not mean we should trust em - they are entirely unreliable. Tread carefully and stand up to their nonsense.
Not all agents are unreliable! I spent a lot of time working in the middle of Frankston, the hub for several agencies and I can understand why people would on occasion think this. That is the reason I moved to a small agency where I can provide people with the service that they pay for without having my reputation tarnished by other people working for the same company.

The more expensive agency is not always the best either, find someone who you are able to work well with, go and meet a few agents. One thing I say to all of my clients when I meet them is that it doesn't matter who you think drives the nicest car or who has the flashiest paperwork - it is the person you feel most comfortable dealing with.

I would be happy to help you all out with a management deal, however, I really wouldn't need to drop my fees for you as I don't believe in all the extra fees agents charge. e.g end of financial year statement fees, statement fees, sundry fees, re-leasing (to the same tenant) fees and many others that may pop up on your statements.

After being a property manager for some time, my advise when looking for a good property manager isn't to look for the best price but the best service. You will be saving money at the end of the day with a really good agent that charges 6.6% as opposed to a very lax agent who will only charge you 4.4%.

Good luck guys!!!

Back