Approximate reno cost around south east brisbane?

Hi SS,

I'm looking for the 2nd IP around the area - some of them needing proper lift up with (old kitchen, remove carpet and polish floorboard, new bathroom, etc). Before I start considering IP that need works, I want to get a general idea how much it will cost (and the quality expected). This might need to be done by tradies as it's unlikely for me to be able to fly down and do it myself.

What's the cost there, for e.g.
1. Replacing an old kitchen, small size
2. Removing and polishing floorboard
3. Change bathroom Vanity (probably a cheapy $200 from Bunnings), replace the shower into a glass sided and pain the tiles?
4. Splash of new paint for the interior

Hi SS,

I'm looking for the 2nd IP around the area - some of them needing proper lift up with (old kitchen, remove carpet and polish floorboard, new bathroom, etc). Before I start considering IP that need works, I want to get a general idea how much it will cost (and the quality expected). This might need to be done by tradies as it's unlikely for me to be able to fly down and do it myself.

What's the cost there, for e.g.
1. Replacing an old kitchen, small size
2. Removing and polishing floorboard
3. Change bathroom Vanity (probably a cheapy $200 from Bunnings), replace the shower into a glass sided and pain the tiles?
4. Splash of new paint for the interior

In my experience these costs vary with the property.
1. Cheap and nasty or cheap and nice. New tiling ? Appliances, Sink, taps, replumb etc. eg Look at Ikea for a standard kitchen unit. In white its one price v's timber and decent stone benchtop. A floor and walls that aren't square / flat will add to costs.
2. Square metres?....Floor condition is always a issue in such a quote - ie nails ? Many boards in rough shape ? How many coats ? Cheap quotes might be thin and need rework sooner. Or they leave dust then polish grrrr.
etc....
3. $200 vanity might last two weeks in a rental.
4. Depends on existing surfaces. Square metres, Ceiling heights, woodwork, door qty etc....

Start with a few local handiman like Hire a hubby etc and then get 2-3 in for quotes to do it all. Agents may recommend ones they work with...easier for keys etc and they wont want to **** off the agent.

http://www.prelovedkitchens.com.au/

Located in Beenleigh, if they have something in your size it can be fully installed for around the cost of a flat pack (which still needs installing)

I had their guy redo my doors once, cost me $350
My brother had a full kitchen redo, he spent a few k but it was cheaper than new and solid.

As a VERY rough guide for your list (property size and condition dependent)

Kitchen, max 5k installed
Floors, 2k
Bathroom - 2k (with what u r describing its difficult to find trades who will paint tiles its really a diy low end job) a full wall retile might not be too much more as long as u leave plumbing where it is
Paint 2-4k very size dependent.

Also forgot Fast and Efficient painting have used em 3 or 4 times and they are always good. http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/fast-and-efficient-painting/beenleigh The guy is DOUG tell him Matt Knight recommended them (last job was yrs ago he might not even remember me)no there are no commissions but he might give me mates rates on a future job if im lucky I have referred a few people there :D

In my experience these costs vary with the property.
1. Cheap and nasty or cheap and nice. New tiling ? Appliances, Sink, taps, replumb etc. eg Look at Ikea for a standard kitchen unit. In white its one price v's timber and decent stone benchtop. A floor and walls that aren't square / flat will add to costs.
Cheap and nice.... new splashback with sink and taps, probably not replumb unless needed.

2. Square metres?....Floor condition is always a issue in such a quote - ie nails ? Many boards in rough shape ? How many coats ? Cheap quotes might be thin and need rework sooner. Or they leave dust then polish grrrr.
etc....
Let's say 100sqm? I'm not familiar with # of coats - how many is good? Sounds like you're speaking from real (bad) experience :rolleyes:

3. $200 vanity might last two weeks in a rental.
4. Depends on existing surfaces. Square metres, Ceiling heights, woodwork, door qty etc....

Start with a few local handiman like Hire a hubby etc and then get 2-3 in for quotes to do it all. Agents may recommend ones they work with...easier for keys etc and they wont want to **** off the agent.
Cool, thank ya!

http://www.prelovedkitchens.com.au/

Located in Beenleigh, if they have something in your size it can be fully installed for around the cost of a flat pack (which still needs installing)

I had their guy redo my doors once, cost me $350
My brother had a full kitchen redo, he spent a few k but it was cheaper than new and solid.

Thank you Knightm!

Back