Architect recommendations - Parramatta NSW

I am planning to get approval for a knock down and rebuild a duplex within Parramatta council area.

The site should be straight forward however there is one minor variation regarding the frontage that I need to overcome.

I am looking for a good architect (rather than a draftsman), preferably someone that has dealt with Parramata local government area.

I have done a full survey and need to take action quickly so any recommendations would be great.

Also on an unrelated topic, how can I research some of the duplex designs to explore some styles in building design. Any recommendations on what styles are attractive that might also be future proof if I was to sell / rent the property?

I am planning to get approval for a knock down and rebuild a duplex within Parramatta council area.

Awesome mate. if you purchased the land for 900k or less there are great gains to be made. Above 900k still possible to be decent
T
he site should be straight forward however there is one minor variation regarding the frontage that I need to overcome.

Slopage all good and no issue with SW or sewer? Very nice then!

I am looking for a good architect (rather than a draftsman), preferably someone that has dealt with Parramata local government area.

Why an architect? I have used them and building designers and I have mostly preferred BD for their practicality and keeping cost saving design in mind. They also can be cheaper.

Also on an unrelated topic, how can I research some of the duplex designs to explore some styles in building design. Any recommendations on what styles are attractive that might also be future proof if I was to sell / rent the property?

Assuming you want to sell it, or even hold it for awhile, I would be looking in the immediate area for the best sales of duplexes and take into consideration their design/style. Obviously it has to fit into your DD of the market demographic.

Good luck mate!

Leo

Tenex

You may want to speak to council duty planner first about frontage requirement.

Councils are generally strict with Min frontage requirement.

What frontage you have?

Also, best to get full Survey done with streetscape.

Reactions: S.T
Tenex

You may want to speak to council duty planner first about frontage requirement.

Councils are generally strict with Min frontage requirement.

What frontage you have?

Also, best to get full Survey done with streetscape.

I have spoken in extent with the council.they will consider it.

I will have to have a look in the local area but if there is anyone here who has worked with Architects within Sydney Metro area who have good experience around designing attached duplexes, I would appreciate the referral.

Back