Are Chinese boom suburbs the mining boom suburbs of tomorrow

U forgot hurstville heheh

Yes, Hurstville is the Chinatown of Sydney I guess ;-)
What about Ashfield and Burwood ? or anything with wood.
Chatswood, Eastwood,.... what else ?

Wood is a good growth element hence, most Chinese people put wooden frame bed on the bedroom.

Hurstville public schoop has 2 OC classes: best school in St George area: only smart kids can get in after pass the test. That's why Hurstville is so popular (good public school)

Hurstville public schoop has 2 OC classes: best school in St George area: only smart kids can get in after pass the test. That's why Hurstville is so popular (good public school)

Not entirely correct. The OC component of the school is good however as you mentioned there are only two classes. A lot of resources go into the OC group, but the other classes are no different to a regular public school in the area.

vtt

Not entirely correct. The OC component of the school is good however as you mentioned there are only two classes. A lot of resources go into the OC group, but the other classes are no different to a regular public school in the area.

vtt

What is OC ? Overseas Chinese....:confused:

Caringbah North public school also has an OC class and there is also a selective high school in Caringbah North. My son went to the OC at Caringbah North public school and is now at the selective high school at Caringbah North.

Caringbah North and the surrounding areas are very nice areas.

School Demands

Pretty much these areas will always in big demand regardless of Chinese boom or bust:

- any public school with Opportunity Classes
- top 50 public school without OC
- top non-selective government high schools (has to be ranked top 100 overall in HSC), the following schools are listed ranked from the top:

. Convervatorium High School (special Music school)
. Willoughby Girls High School
. Killara High School
. Newtown High School of Performing Arts (special arts school)
. Cherrybrook Technology High School
. Epping Boys High School
. Cheltenham Girls High School
. Strathfield Girls High School
. Burwood Girls High School
. Carlingford High School
. Mosman High School

http://bettereducation.com.au/results/hsc.aspx

Conservatorium and Newtown schools are special government schools so they don't count.

Killara/Willoughby/Strathfield/Burwood/Mosman are very expensive areas.

That's why Cherrybrook/Eastwood/Epping/Cheltenham/Beecroft/Carlingford are popular, as they are the "cheaper" area with good schools.

With more and more people in Sydney, there are more kids and all parents wants their kids to go to good schools, regardless they are Chinese or not.

Pretty much these areas will always in big demand regardless of Chinese boom or bust:

- any public school with Opportunity Classes
- top 50 public school without OC
- top non-selective government high schools (has to be ranked top 100 overall in HSC), the following schools are listed ranked from the top:

. Convervatorium High School (special Music school)
. Willoughby Girls High School
. Killara High School
. Newtown High School of Performing Arts (special arts school)
. Cherrybrook Technology High School
. Epping Boys High School
. Cheltenham Girls High School
. Strathfield Girls High School
. Burwood Girls High School
. Carlingford High School
. Mosman High School

http://bettereducation.com.au/results/hsc.aspx

Conservatorium and Newtown schools are special government schools so they don't count.

Killara/Willoughby/Strathfield/Burwood/Mosman are very expensive areas.

That's why Cherrybrook/Eastwood/Epping/Cheltenham/Beecroft/Carlingford are popular, as they are the "cheaper" area with good schools.

With more and more people in Sydney, there are more kids and all parents wants their kids to go to good schools, regardless they are Chinese or not.

Many thanks Kam !

I'll save this list for the next 5-10 years when I enroll for my future kids :)

but yes, getting an IP in the area is already hard as it is now :-/ let alone have a PPoR and raising a family in the area.

'mining' towns yield 10-12%, where as most resi dross yields about a quarter of that. resi dross is bought on speculation of capital gains, not income, so if there is stuff all income and you lose capital then it aint pretty

I see a lot of talk about Chinese and mining suburbs. You can have your cake and eat it to and buy in Ballarat.

The truth is Chinese are moving here to mine gold not our schools and food courts. This trend has remained strong for over 200 years, with many 7th-8th generation Chinese residents a far more established Chinese community than Box Hill. Sovereign Hill was to be named Box Hill once upon a time. But there were no boxes to live in the blocks were too big and detached/liveable. Hence the name went to a more appropriate suburb.

Back