Are "Flybys" worth it? What real benefits do you see?

Hi Stella.

We have a professional package which is now $395 per year and a free Alttitude card, so no separate fee. I also put everything on the card and pay it off each month, so no interest.

Well I checked with the bank today - they tell me even though we have a professional package, we will still have to pay a yearly fee of $195 to have the Gold Altitude Card?
I am going to call them back tomorrow and ask what the $395 yearly fee for the professional package is really for if I still have to pay for a cc. Apparently we can only have a Gold M/card yearly fee ($90) waived under our package as it depends on what type of mortgage is set up in the package. We have 3 mortgage loans but none of them entitle us to this card free - apparently - bugger.

Guess it will still be worth paying the $195pa though.

Cheers
Stella

they tell me even though we have a professional package, we will still have to pay a yearly fee of $195 to have the Gold Altitude Card?

I have the free gold altitude amex/mastercard on the $395 package. Speak to someone else at the bank.

My partner manages to get her annual fee waived each year by St george (no rewards card) by calling to cancel the card each year - they ask why - she says the annual fee is about to be charged and then they offer to waive it :D. So if you don't ask, you don't get.

Cheers
Mike

Back