Are property values in the suburbs name?

The first two suburbs that come to mind with names ending in 'waters' are not commanding a better price to other similar developments in the area.

These have both based there names on stormwater catchment lakes built within their developments.

Now if they were seaside or marina developments, I imagine the price would be higher, not due to the name but rather the desirability of the actual water.

The comparison they made between Penrith and Glenmore Park isn't apples and apples. Glenmore Park is obviously a far newer estate with McMansions.

The comparison they made between Penrith and Glenmore Park isn't apples and apples. Glenmore Park is obviously a far newer estate with McMansions.

I tjust strikes me as another dodgy piece of research...they were comparing suburbs in different states

weg said:
Now if they were seaside or marina developments, I imagine the price would be higher, not due to the name but rather the desirability of the actual water.

Agreed Weg, location is far superior then a name, I just wanted to see what others thought as to why they would waste money looking at these factors??

I've had good luck in the past with buying in suburbs where the properties were practically next door to the 'expensive' suburb, but not actually there. Eventually the market says 'hang on, there's no difference between them', and the cheaper rises in value.

Worked well in Canberra buying Braddon a few years ago, when Turner was 25% more expensive.

Back