Are stains on the wall due to leakage covered by the strata levy?

If there is a leakage coming from the unit above mine resulting in stains on my internal walls, do I have a right to claim it?

If it is something that can be wiped off, I'd just wipe it off but if this happens in a freshly painted unit, what should I do?

Had this problem in my unit, called strata and they got a plumber to confirm leaking pipes from unit above, problem was fixed but took another call to have a painter come out and repaint stains, not sure if strata or owners of above unit paid but it didn't come out my pocket. :)

Had this problem in my unit, called strata and they got a plumber to confirm leaking pipes from unit above, problem was fixed but took another call to have a painter come out and repaint stains, not sure if strata or owners of above unit paid but it didn't come out my pocket. :)

I had a similar issue once when something from above started leaking. The strata sent in the plumbers to investigate but didn't do anything with the stains. The owner upstairs promised me he would re-paint the area but never came back. Since it wasn't too bad, I just decided to clean it up myself. When I did that, the stains had dried up so it took me almost an hour to do it.

I sometimes get leaks from unit upstairs. I was wondering if I should just press the strata to paint it for me.

Your responsibility is normally from the paint in and in those instances you:

1. yourself or your insurance pays for the works

2. the person responsible for the leak or their insurance pays for the works

Your strata is the best person to speak to.

Your responsibility is normally from the paint in and in those instances you:

1. yourself or your insurance pays for the works

2. the person responsible for the leak or their insurance pays for the works

Your strata is the best person to speak to.

Yeah I will talk to the strata.

A few years back my bathtub drain had a small leak with water going down to the unit below.

Strata said it was my responsibility to fix, which I did (barrstards). I was also made responsible for repainting the wall downstairs but luckily the fella down there did it himself - legend!.

Back