are there any sites like this for share investors?

W

WebBoard

this is a great site, so much live information on the market.

property for me is long term (3 to5 years) investing but in between i would like to start investing in shares.

i was wondering do any of you guys know of websites that talk about shares the way that this site talks about property?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

HI anon

There is definitely one ( and only one ) site for shares to visit

http://www.stockcentral.com.au

There are several members of somersoft who are also active over there, myself included.

There are other share sites , but stock central is probably the most "ramp / hype " free of all of them. It is due to close for a brief period in the near future for re configuration of the site , but this should take no more than a week.

The forum is very active , but the chat room currently not so.

Happy investing see change

Reply: 1.1

thank you

fellow investor,

may the rat race be short for you and the challenges in life fulfilling.

Reply: 2.1

There are quite a lot around once you start looking, some are good some aren't, but its up to you to do your own groundwork, moreso with share investment than with realestate I think. Here are a couple not already mentioned, www.egoli.com.au www.tradingroom.com.au www.ozestock.com.au
www.stockhouse.com.au all of these are good quality sites, but if you know nothing then don't trade on any info, get some knowledge first. Darryl Guppy's books are good and so is one called "Trading with a plan" by Compton and Kendall.

Reply: 1.2

Hi Anon,

Yeah, the Stockcentral websites chat room is usually quiet. Unless the somersoft chat room that is connected to this site goes down. then all the property people raid the stockscentral's chat room cause we start suffering from withdrawal symptoms....

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

Reply: 2.1.1

Also try www.hotcopper.com.au

They have a free newsletter often discussing technical aspects of shares including charting and commentaries on selected companies. A good read.

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1

I would be concerned with anyone who is new to share trading following anything on hotcopper, I believe this site is more suited to the experienced trader (day trader)and any novice could get badly burned. The share market loves 'newbies' they are the ones who buy when the experienced are selling. Get some education, and learn money management and risk management.

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1

Actually I would be concerned if anybody took the basis for investing in a security (be it shares or property) from a forum. Including this forum.

For the absolute newbie in shares go to www.fool.com - The Motley Fool has a strong US content but does contain some strategies and sound financial advice about investing. For good hard data - www.ninemsn.com.au/investor has company stats including interim, simple charting and the ability to run queries on the ASX to do some simple data mining.
www.yahoo.com.au financials section also provide profiles on most companies - also has some good charting tools to try out what you read in books. Both Yahoo and ninemsn investor have the ability to create portfolios so that you can paper trade to check your system or out of curiosity.

The other advantage is all these sites have free membership and the cost for the information is free.

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1

I agree with Kevin - learn as much as you can for free.
But then you probably have to decide for your self you are prepared to pay for good quality information for the actual investment.
It would depend on you personal attitude and strategy.

1. Day trader
2. Buy and sell (few weeks or month spread) - https://rivkin.com.au
3. Buy and hold (long term) - Donna came up with good one (thanks Donna great site) - http://www.aspectfinancial.com.au/

Serge.

Back