Are you a feng shui freak property investor? :)

There is a new subdivision in my area and it has been advertised all feng shui. The developer needs a few crystals hanging somewhere, as it has been on the market for at least 3 years and not 1 block has sold.

I don't know much about feng shui, but I'd say the Australian equivalent is 'liking the feel of the place'. On that basis, yes, it does matter to me ;)

I think fengshui is a bit more defined than liking the feel

reminded me of the lawyer in The Castle.. Which part of the consitution ? All of it.. the whole vibe of the consitution

There is a new subdivision in my area and it has been advertised all feng shui. .

Ahh... but the reality may be very different from the advertisement.
Just turn up with a geomantic compass in your hand for starters (make a show of using the thing), and make a very lowball offer :D

Cheers,

The Y-man

probably more psychosematic, becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

no offence - but a hous ebeing bad because it has a "number 4" out the front is ludicrous.

change it to 5 and watch gold fall from the heavens.

Exactly. Stuff like this has as much power over you as you choose to give it.

And I choose to give it none.

Just remembered - when I was hunting over a rather wide area for rentals back in my student days, I noticed a rather high representation of rentals at #13. You don't notice that when you're really focussing on just one suburb.

I think fengshui is a bit more defined than liking the feel

reminded me of the lawyer in The Castle.. Which part of the consitution ? All of it.. the whole vibe of the consitution

LOL, love that movie. Yes I realise it's much more complicated, I was just being flippant. But I think typical Australian selling points like 'north-facing backyard', 'great natural light', 'high side of the street' and such come down to similar fundamental ideals, just not with the crystals to 'fix' things and such.

I think the problem is when people just grab snippets from other cultures and run with it blindly. I have a friend building a lovely new house and she is complaining about the position the bed has to be in (feet towards door, ready to be carried out in death). Apart from going to a party-plan Feng Shui party (ugh) she knows nothing really about Feng Shui.

Lots of people are making money from what is now a trend in home decorating. Not to make people's lives better but to line their own pockets.

As for the numbers thing, I've always quite liked the number 4. The funny thing is my favourite number has always been the number 8. I loved writing it as a child.

I have good Feng Shui, I'm a pug owner :D (better than a crystal)

LOL, love that movie. Yes I realise it's much more complicated, I was just being flippant. But I think typical Australian selling points like 'north-facing backyard', 'great natural light', 'high side of the street' and such come down to similar fundamental ideals, just not with the crystals to 'fix' things and such.

Yeah I thikn I jsut wnted to sy teh Castle joke..

I'd say it sounds like fundmental principles but including a belief in chi / energy flow etc and it's effects, which in the west we don't think of/beleive in etc. we might have superstitions, but they re not defined in a "group" like fengshui.

suffer in your jocks !

Back