Are you fat?

Yep - I'm a bit of a fatty! Shame on me because I do know better. Have focused on work (understandably I think for the last year) rather than health & it's all piled up a bit.

Don't know if I could go the juicing route though - am a much bigger fan of regular balanced protein/carb/salad meals + scheduled (heavy) weights & cardio. It does make you feel younger! I think I've aged 5 years to look at & 10 years for how I feel in the last 1 year.

2 really good sites for support & info are : www.bodybuilding.com & http://www.johnstonefitness.com/

"bloody nipples" WHAT?!?!?!? Should I consider myself lucky to have never heard of this??

"How did you get fat?" "I don't know" LOL!!!! ... Actually, that's kind of sad :(

Yeah, I probably have a bodyfat percentage of around ~18%... I'm not obese by any means, but I am definitely a little overweight.

I'm comfortable with it for the time being, I'm ~88kgs... I was as heavy as 105kgs. I've been down to 83-84kgs with a 14-15% bodyfat... if I really want to, I could get to 82kgs within 6 weeks. Problem is I'm unlikely to stay there for too long as I have food too much.

If there was one habit I would suggest people do to enhance their health and body composition - it would be to eat a serving of veges with EVERY meal, so about 5 serving of veges a day. It does wonders for your mood, energy levels and health.

Even with a little bit of extra weight, I don't have any problems getting up and running 8km+ in 40mins... I did that last week after having not run for a couple of months, so I think I'm okay.

HI Indix fund and everyone else, Im enjoying this thread.

Im actually 80kg now as Ive been trying really hard to eat well and excerise more since I had that ultrasound a couple of weeks ago.
Im 165cm and am pushing to get to 70kg, its a good weight for me.

Im actually 52 ! For me to weigh between 55kg and 60kg would be probably too thin for me. 65kg would be lovely and I can only dream. I dont drink alcohol whatsoever and havent for over 30 years and Ive never smoked.

I do have a stressful job which I cant see an end to. Any advise regarding toxins especially how to get rid of them and get a healthier liver is much appreciated !

cheers everyone.

I eat what I want, when I want, but stop just before I'm full. I'm 175 cm, 79 kg and consume no yucky juiced veges. Life is great!

I am overweight. I'm 156cm (5'2") and was 47kg for my wedding. I had put on a little weight before this, but lost it easily with Jenny Craig for my wedding.

I was 63.9kg two weeks ago (10 stone :eek::eek::eek:). I don't look fat and when I tell people I need to lose some weight, they look amazed.

But I am fat for my build at 64kg.

I joined Weight Watchers on-line and dropped 1kg the first week. I don't eat badly normally, but I do tend to eat bread if I am hungry and I think that bread bloats me. I am now eating carrot sticks with eggplant dip (yum!) where I would have had a slice of toast. I'm snacking on fruit.

I'm recording everything I eat.

I did lose weight with WW after my second child so I know it works. I can be very disciplined if I try, and I'm not missing chocolate or sugar.

I'm eating normally, but making better choices. I'm still going to dinner and eating out. I really think WW is more flexible than other methods for being able to work around it.

I lost weight on the Dukan diet a few years ago, and protein suits me, but I'm not prepared to risk any kidney/liver damage and think WW is less stressful on the body.

I want to get back to 55kg. I'm more interested in my health than looking thin. I don't want to look thin, especially at age 51.

I'm 170cm at 65kg and feel that I could lose maybe 3-5 to look a little better ... but like my sugar too much. If I can cut the sugar I drop weight quickly, but it is that after dinner period where I'm tired and lazy feeling ...

Anyhow - at the supermarket today and stunned at how sickly skinny some of the actresses on the covers of the mags (at the checkout) are. Take Angelina Jolie ... she's around 170cm too but apparently weighs in at only 45kg. That cannot be healthy! I know when my weight was down around 58kg I was skin and bone and lethargic all the time.

Last edited:
I had a full blood test done last week. Doctor very happy with results, everything within normal ranges. My cholesterol is only 3.9, she said that is fantastic. All I need to work on is dropping around 10kg or so...my blood pressure was also checked and is 115/70 so all good.

I just keep plodding along !

HI Indix fund and everyone else, Im enjoying this thread.

Im actually 80kg now as Ive been trying really hard to eat well and excerise more since I had that ultrasound a couple of weeks ago.
Im 165cm and am pushing to get to 70kg, its a good weight for me.

Im actually 52 ! For me to weigh between 55kg and 60kg would be probably too thin for me. 65kg would be lovely and I can only dream. I dont drink alcohol whatsoever and havent for over 30 years and Ive never smoked.

I do have a stressful job which I cant see an end to. Any advise regarding toxins especially how to get rid of them and get a healthier liver is much appreciated !

cheers everyone.

Oh i see, well you are of age and that's very good that you are slowly getting into shape.

I suggest you make the following changes:

1. Start letting go off all animal products like milk, cheese, meat and eggs or cut down on meat and milk dramatically.

2. Upon rising, before any food, drink half a litre of water with lemon juice, very good for weight loss and to detoxify your liver and kidneys.

3. Consider getting coffee enemas. I know it may sound gross but it's a must for a detox. Many places around Australia offer it.

4. Cut out all sugar and processed carbohydrates and junk food.

5. Eat a mainly vegetarian diet rich in organic (if you can) vegetables, some fruit and consider juicing organic veggies everyday as they are really good for you.

If you want to be really healthy, follow the tips below:

Health Tips

* Exercise regularly: some form of cardio at least three times a week!
* Drink lots of water, it's mother nature's most versatile medicine
* Get 6-9 hours of sleep daily
* Meditate
* Buy locally grown, organic goods, preferably in season, as often as you can
* Nutritional supplements: whole food supplements, organic vitamins, Standard Process tablets, Alive! supplements, vitamin C
* Rainforest herbs: Amazon herbs, chanca piedra, etc.
* Enjoy one hour of full exposure to intense natural sunlight on a near-daily basis with no sunscreen (important for vibrational nutrition and essential for mental health, bone density, vitamin D production, etc.)
* Take absolutely no prescription drugs or pharmaceuticals whatsoever
* No visits to M.D.s or western medical doctors (visit naturopathic physicians only)
* No following the USDA's ridiculous Food Guide Pyramid
* No steroids, andro supplements or other questionable bodybuilding supplements
* No diet pills, stimulants or fat burning pills
* No fad dieting.

The Health Ranger Avoid List

* Sodium nitrite (causes cancer)
* MSG / monosodium glutamate / yeast extract (causes obesity and nerve damage)
* Hydrogenated oils (causes heart disease)
* High-fructose corn syrup / sugar / sucrose (causes diabetes and obesity)
* Artificial colors (causes behavioral disorders)
* Aspartame (causes brain damage, optic nerve damage)
* Homogenized milk fats (cause heart disease and cardiovascular disorders)
* Red meat (absolutely no beef, pork, or other red meat)
* Cows' milk, cheese and dairy products
* Soft drinks, junk foods, snack foods or fast foods
* Processed foods such as cookies, crackers, frozen dinners, etc.
* Fried foods
* White flour and any foods containing white flour
* Refined carbohydrates such as breads, cereals, pastries, pizza dough, etc.
* Fruit juice drinks
* Brand-name laundry detergents (loaded with toxic fragrance chemicals)
* Popular deodorants (contain aluminum)
* Fluoride toothpaste (fluoride is a dangerous ingredient)
* Popular shampoos / soaps / conditioners (all contain harmful fragrance chemicals)
* Dryer sheets (contain fragrance chemicals)

http://www.healthranger.org/healthtips.html

I eat what I want, when I want, but stop just before I'm full. I'm 175 cm, 79 kg and consume no yucky juiced veges. Life is great!

That's fine, how old are you?

It's quiet easy to become nutrient defecient by "eating whatever you want", just because it fills your gut and makes you feel full, doesn't mean it's nutritios and good for you.

Chronic nutrient defeciency causes cancer, arthritis, lupus, diabetes type 2, cardiovascular disease and a host of many other illnesses.

It's also very easy to get toxicity by eating whatever you like.

Your life though.

I am overweight. I'm 156cm (5'2") and was 47kg for my wedding. I had put on a little weight before this, but lost it easily with Jenny Craig for my wedding.

I was 63.9kg two weeks ago (10 stone :eek::eek::eek:). I don't look fat and when I tell people I need to lose some weight, they look amazed.

But I am fat for my build at 64kg.

I joined Weight Watchers on-line and dropped 1kg the first week. I don't eat badly normally, but I do tend to eat bread if I am hungry and I think that bread bloats me. I am now eating carrot sticks with eggplant dip (yum!) where I would have had a slice of toast. I'm snacking on fruit.

I'm recording everything I eat.

I did lose weight with WW after my second child so I know it works. I can be very disciplined if I try, and I'm not missing chocolate or sugar.

I'm eating normally, but making better choices. I'm still going to dinner and eating out. I really think WW is more flexible than other methods for being able to work around it.

I lost weight on the Dukan diet a few years ago, and protein suits me, but I'm not prepared to risk any kidney/liver damage and think WW is less stressful on the body.

I want to get back to 55kg. I'm more interested in my health than looking thin. I don't want to look thin, especially at age 51.

You should avoid all diets and weight loss programs, they are not good and people tend to hate that food after a while because it's just not nutritious. Frozen dinners? Come on. Frozen food (apart from berries) is dead food.

Just switch to a plant based, vegetarian diet, avoid all processed or packaged foods and your weight will melt away on it's own.

Look into raw vegetarian diet, very good for you, makes you feel great and as long as you make it part of your daily life, it will work for you for ever.

It's also cheap compared to any weight loss program. Even if all you buy is organic veggies, go to a farmer's market, you can buy a tonne of veggies and fruit for 50 bucks... and because you are letting go off meat and dairy, you will save so much money regardless.

You should avoid all diets and weight loss programs, they are not good and people tend to hate that food after a while because it's just not nutritious. Frozen dinners? Come on. Frozen food (apart from berries) is dead food.

Just switch to a plant based, vegetarian diet, avoid all processed or packaged foods and your weight will melt away on it's own.

Look into raw vegetarian diet, very good for you, makes you feel great and as long as you make it part of your daily life, it will work for you for ever.

It's also cheap compared to any weight loss program. Even if all you buy is organic veggies, go to a farmer's market, you can buy a tonne of veggies and fruit for 50 bucks... and because you are letting go off meat and dairy, you will save so much money regardless.

I agree with this except for the meat bit. I still eat meat on a daily basis along with my fresh veges/salads and avoid sugar, grains and have cut back on bread big time and potatoes are off limits.
never felt better in my life and have come back to perfect BMI.
Also, never feel hungry and never get the hunger crashes which are indicative of too many carbs.
Nothing wrong with meat, it's a natural thing for man to eat.
I follow this and it works perfectly and anyone with weight follows it the kg's will fly away forever.

I don't miss potatoes, bread etc, and they were once my fav tucker.
You simply feel way better and don't need them.

I agree with this except for the meat bit. I still eat meat on a daily basis along with my fresh veges/salads and avoid sugar, grains and have cut back on bread big time and potatoes are off limits.
never felt better in my life and have come back to perfect BMI.
Also, never feel hungry and never get the hunger crashes which are indicative of too many carbs.
Nothing wrong with meat, it's a natural thing for man to eat.
I follow this and it works perfectly and anyone with weight follows it the kg's will fly away forever.

I don't miss potatoes, bread etc, and they were once my fav tucker.
You simply feel way better and don't need them.

I eat meat too sometimes, mainly light meat like chicken, fish and seafood and rarely lamb. Beef os too heavy and makes me feel really sluggish, it also takes 36 hours for humans to digest heavy red meat. Red meat is also a leading cause of colon cancer in humans because it festers and decays in the colon for too long.

But the reason why I recommend overweight and diabetetic people to avoid meat is because they need to drop all these heavy foods and concencrate on detoxing. Once they are healthy again and average weight, they can treat themselves to it occasionally (a few times a week).

And correct. potatoes and bread (especially white bread) is empty nutrition which promotes weight gain and toxicity.

Nice to hear you feel great!

to be honest im a little bit concerned about the advice given here, most of it is spot on, some of it, a bit too full on for the average joe, which is fine, but some of like , dont eat meat, don't eat red meat, aspartame=cancer, I think is a bit overboard.

some of the people I know are competing bodybuilders on sub 5% bodyfat and have extreme diets, like no red meat due to fat content, or only water for the 24 hours previous to a comp.

overall, the key is moderation, and reduction/elimination of the bad stuff

a quick tweak of a bad diet, with moderate exercise means that some people can lose 30kg+, or even 50kg+ in a few months depending on how overweight they were in the first place,

oh and ignore BMI, its the most useless indicator possible, I range from grossly underweight to obese when Im at my peak

True PropertyM.

When I refer to BMI for me I mean I lost 4kgs...wow.....so I went from 70 down to 66kg...big deal but that is where I was in my prime 20's-mid 30's. I don't know how your BMI varies so much....?

Anyway, now I'm an inch off 50yrs old and feel like 30 again. But after tucking into the bread and lovely home cooked cakes and heaps of potatoes the last 10 years, it catches up with you and the Dr said i was very close to diabetic 12 months ago...now I'm far far from it with reductions as you mention.

But it gets me that conventional wisdom says you must eat bread/grains etc.??

There are plenty of carbs and fibre in veges/fruit and AFAIC protein from meat and eggs will do me fine.

Index Fund: If meat takes that long to process in my bowels then I'd be dead years ago....nothing 'sits' in my gut that long it's all gone every day regularly and on time.:p

Aspartame has caused more concern than any other artificial food additive ever reported. But it's your choice, if you are not convinced, try it for yourself, it's your body.

Bodybuilders are far from healthy, they "look" good, but deep down have many health problems, don't even question their diets and lifestyle.

Also losing weight is not the most important thing, it's only one stage, the other goal is to eat nutrient rich food full of minerals and vitamins and living enzymes everyday, but this is where 99% of people get bored and prefer a stir fry to a raw veggie salad for instance.

Most people in America/Australia are obese, and nutrient depleted, they are fat but still crave food because they are not getting any nutrition that actually heals and restores their bodies.

I've never counted calories, followed BMI or any other crap made up by the dieticians or doctors. I eat mostly living foods, pack on healthy oils and make sure I get plenty of vitamins and minerals daily. I still eat Nandos or pizza once a twice a week but as a treat.

You can eat whatever you like 10% of the time, as long as for the other 90% you eat proper food.

to be honest im a little bit concerned about the advice given here, most of it is spot on, some of it, a bit too full on for the average joe, which is fine, but some of like , dont eat meat, don't eat red meat, aspartame=cancer, I think is a bit overboard.

some of the people I know are competing bodybuilders on sub 5% bodyfat and have extreme diets, like no red meat due to fat content, or only water for the 24 hours previous to a comp.

overall, the key is moderation, and reduction/elimination of the bad stuff

a quick tweak of a bad diet, with moderate exercise means that some people can lose 30kg+, or even 50kg+ in a few months depending on how overweight they were in the first place,

oh and ignore BMI, its the most useless indicator possible, I range from grossly underweight to obese when Im at my peak

Back