Are you fat?

Bodybuilders are far from healthy, they "look" good, but deep down have many health problems, don't even question their diets and lifestyle.

I had a co-worker who was a body builder, and he was constantly eating, instead of working.
He was useless as a worker.Too many muscles. Always getting hurt, and off work. Couldn't (or wouldn't) bend down to perform various tasks that his job required.

Eventually he was fired.

I had a co-worker who was a body builder, and he was constantly eating, instead of working.
He was useless as a worker.Too many muscles. Always getting hurt, and off work. Couldn't (or wouldn't) bend down to perform various tasks that his job required.

Eventually he was fired.

lol pretty boy... yeah they are "all about their body", when it's more like "look at me".

Do you have any evidence to support the claims you so casually deposit in these threads?

For example:

• What is the clinically accepted definition of, and test for, this "toxicity" one can "get"?
  • Define "chronic nutrient deficiency" and cite research that it causes cancer, arthritis, lupus, diabetes type 2, cardiovascular disease and a host of many other illnesses. To make it easy, just pick one illness to start.
  • Support for the proposition that "heavy" meat takes 36 hours to digest and evidence that vegetables take less time. Spoiler warning: consider the speed on enzymes acting on protein vs bacteria on starches and fibre.

You know...peer reviewed studies...that sort of thing?

Do you have any evidence to support the claims you so casually deposit in these threads?

For example:

• What is the clinically accepted definition of, and test for, this "toxicity" one can "get"?
  • Define "chronic nutrient deficiency" and cite research that it causes cancer, arthritis, lupus, diabetes type 2, cardiovascular disease and a host of many other illnesses. To make it easy, just pick one illness to start.
  • Support for the proposition that "heavy" meat takes 36 hours to digest and evidence that vegetables take less time. Spoiler warning: consider the speed on enzymes acting on protein vs bacteria on starches and fibre.

How about we do a test? You sit on McDonald's for a year and Ill sit on fresh organic vegetables and fruit? Oh wait, it's already been done in a "Super Size Me" movie. Let's see how many health problems you will have due to "toxicity" of fast food. Even canned food or anything else processed has toxic ingredients.

Last I checked, it was the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that kept us alive, not emulsifiers, preservatives, sodium nitrite or monosodium glutamate.

You clearly are not interested in what I have to say, so please move along, you only make the mods angry and get them to lock and delete posts.

Start your own thread how eating white bread and nutri grain cereals will turn you into an iron man and how fresh vegetable juices are revolting.

Wait a minute.."leading cause of cancer".......etc etc

Straight C&P from the Cancer Council of Australia

"Cancer in Australia
An estimated 114,000 new cases of cancer were diagnosed in Australia in 2010.
1 in 2 Australians will be diagnosed with cancer by the age of 85.
Cancer is a leading cause of death in Australia – more than 43,000 people are estimated to have died from cancer in 2010.
Nearly 15,000 more people die each year from cancer than 30 years ago, this is due mainly to population growth and aging. However, the death rate (number of deaths per 100,000 people ) has fallen by 16%.
More than 60% of cancer patients will survive more than five years after diagnosis.
The survival rate for many common cancers has increased by 30 per cent in the past two decades.
The most common cancers in Australia (excluding non-melanoma skin cancer) are prostate, colorectal (bowel), breast, melanoma and lung cancer.Around 434,000 people are treated for one or more non-melanoma skin cancers, with 448 people dying in 2007.
Cancer costs more than $3.8 billion in direct health system costs (7.2%).
$378 million was spent on cancer research in 2000-01, 22% of all health research expenditure in Australia."

So what does leading mean again.......??

ciao

Nor

Wait a minute.."leading cause of cancer".......etc etc

Straight C&P from the Cancer Council of Australia

So what does leading mean again.......??

ciao

Nor

Oh come on, do I really need to chew and swallow everything for you? Colorectal (bowel) = colon = bowel = the terms are synonymous! They are all connected and mean the same thing!

For example:

How about we do a test? You sit on McDonald's for a year and Ill sit on fresh organic vegetables and fruit? Oh wait, it's already been done in a "Super Size Me" movie. Let's see how many health problems you will have due to "toxicity" of fast food. Even canned food or anything else processed has toxic ingredients.

Last I checked, it was the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that kept us alive, not emulsifiers, preservatives, sodium nitrite or monosodium glutamate.

You clearly are not interested in what I have to say, so please move along, you only make the mods angry and get them to lock and delete posts.

Start your own thread how eating white bread and nutri grain cereals will turn you into an iron man and how fresh vegetable juices are revolting.

"No" would have been shorter.

It doesn't sound like Token Funder was saying what you have suggested at all - merely asking for some sort of proof for your numerous assertions. Seems reasonable to me.

It doesn't sound like Token Funder was saying what you have suggested at all - merely asking for some sort of proof for your numerous assertions. Seems reasonable to me.

Ok I will ask you questions to test your overall knowledge of what is toxic and what is not.

Do you think artificial additives (preservatives, formaldehyde, MSG, artificial sweeteners etc) in food are toxic or not?

Do you think smelling petrol fumes and car exhaust fumes is toxic or not?

Do you think bisphenol-A in plastic, leaching into the food and water we eat and drink is toxic or not?

Do you think pesticides, fungicides and herbicides that we spray on fruits and vegetables to kill insects, fungus and other organisms is toxic or not?

Do you think acrylamides in chips and fries are toxic or not?

Do you think smoking is toxic or not?

Do you think alcohol overindulgence is toxic or not?

Do you think prescription drugs are toxic or not?

Do you think Round Up weed kill is toxic or not?

Now most people are exposed to the above on a daily basis, in fact we are exposed to these agents everyday on many occasions. What do you think they do to human body?

Why do you think there are millions of cases world wide every year where suddenly a healthy looking person gets a terminal cancer in their youth? Because a space alien spat on them or because of possible chronic toxic exposure to a harmful agent and/or through lack of nutrition which lead to chronic deficiency?

For instance, those petrol bowser workers who used to fill up our cars were highly predisposed to lung cancer, citing that petrol and exhaust fumes are highly toxic and carcinogenic:

http://www.krepublishers.com/02-Jou...0-2001-Yadav/IJHG-01-2-145-150-2001-Yadav.pdf

We live in a society where common hazards are believed to make people stronger. Look at Spider Man, Hulk and X Men movies... those guys got exposed to some nasty toxic crap yet instead of getting cancer or dying right away, they get super powers. Token Funder believes in the same theory, he lives in the dream land. He reminds me of that Chinese kid who drank petrol so he can become a Transformer robot.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new.../Boy-drinks-petrol-to-become-Transformer.html

You can answer Token's question yourself now. But hey you probably don't think twice about spraying flies and cockroaches with toxic Raid spray inside your home while having a ciggie. After all, it took many decades before they finally admitted smoking is carcinogenic.

Even old granny's moth balls are highly toxic, yet many still have them in their home today http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothball

That's fine, how old are you?

I'm nearly 44. My wife works in an aged care home and I am more than happy to die early enough to not end up in a condition that qualifies me for that sort of place. A heart attack at about 80 would be ideal but I recognise there'll be much variance in what I achieve from my cunning plan. I am at peace with my choice :D

Ok I will ask you questions to test your overall knowledge of what is toxic and what is not.

Do you think artificial additives (preservatives, formaldehyde, MSG, artificial sweeteners etc) in food are toxic or not?

Do you think smelling petrol fumes and car exhaust fumes is toxic or not?

Do you think bisphenol-A in plastic, leaching into the food and water we eat and drink is toxic or not?

Do you think pesticides, fungicides and herbicides that we spray on fruits and vegetables to kill insects, fungus and other organisms is toxic or not?

Do you think acrylamides in chips and fries are toxic or not?

Do you think smoking is toxic or not?

Do you think alcohol overindulgence is toxic or not?

Do you think prescription drugs are toxic or not?

Do you think Round Up weed kill is toxic or not?

Now most people are exposed to the above on a daily basis, in fact we are exposed to these agents everyday on many occasions. What do you think they do to human body?

Why do you think there are millions of cases world wide every year where suddenly a healthy looking person gets a terminal cancer in their youth? Because a space alien spat on them or because of possible chronic toxic exposure to a harmful agent and/or through lack of nutrition which lead to chronic deficiency?

You can answer Token's question yourself now. But hey you probably don't think twice about spraying flies and cockroaches with toxic Raid spray inside your home while having a ciggie. After all, it took many decades before they finally admitted smoking is carcinogenic.

So again you fail to answer the question - you have put yourself up as the expert by posting definitive statements. When asked for the sources (peer reviewed, i.e proven) you try and belittle the questioner through posting a list of irrelevant questions.
Please - if you are so convinced you are correct, please post your sources. If the research has been done by yourself and you are the source, please post the relevant links to you published work where it has been reviewed and excepted by the field experts.

I'm nearly 44. My wife works in an aged care home and I am more than happy to die early enough to not end up in a condition that qualifies me for that sort of place. A heart attack at about 80 would be ideal but I recognise there'll be much variance in what I achieve from my cunning plan. I am at peace with my choice :D

Id rather live till 80 or 90 then suddenly dropping dead, Having colon cancer and crapping into a colostomy bag is not exactly fun, cool or groovy. Not to mention the pain of having to go for poo everytime. And many people get this illness in their 50s... no thanks.

My wife works in an aged care home and I am more than happy to die early enough to not end up in a condition that qualifies me for that sort of place.
My mother works in one of those (she's actually a social worker in aged care assessment, she counts people's marbles to see how many they have lost) and I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one.

So again you fail to answer the question - you have put yourself up as the expert by posting definitive statements. When asked for the sources (peer reviewed, i.e proven) you try and belittle the questioner through posting a list of irrelevant questions.
Please - if you are so convinced you are correct, please post your sources. If the research has been done by yourself and you are the source, please post the relevant links to you published work where it has been reviewed and excepted by the field experts.

I posted a link regarding the petrol bowser workers... knock yourself out :) But you didnt even open that link did you?

Huh....??

Because a space alien spat on them

Please don't denigrate my religion. It is true though that our FSM does indeed work in mysterious ways.......but it is not for us to question.

"Our Flyer, Who drink in heaven, FSM be thy name, Thy ...etc etc etc

RAmen

And anyway, the leading cancer would be prostate cancer?? No??Or is that OK though 'cause its sort of connected to the whole colonder thingamaboby of which you speak so knowingly?
I also note with interest that lung cancer is the lowest.....Hmm, so does this mean that Maccas will soon not allowed to be advertised, be locked and shuttered behind the counter and only allowed to be sold wrapped in last weeks Herald Sun??

ciao

Nor

Huh....??

Please don't denigrate my religion. It is true though that our FSM does indeed work in mysterious ways.......but it is not for us to question.

"Our Flyer, Who drink in heaven, FSM be thy name, Thy ...etc etc etc

RAmen

And anyway, the leading cancer would be prostate cancer?? No??Or is that OK though 'cause its sort of connected to the whole colonder thingamaboby of which you speak so knowingly?
I also note with interest that lung cancer is the lowest.....Hmm, so does this mean that Maccas will soon not allowed to be advertised, be locked and shuttered behind the counter and only allowed to be sold wrapped in last weeks Herald Sun??

ciao

Nor
McDonald's is a highly profitable business which uses real estate actually to capitalyse on it's success by placing all their stores at best possible locations where most people pass by.
Since they make a lot of money and pay a lot of taxes, no one will ever shut them down unles people decide to stop eating there.

Alcohol and cigarettes are still legal along with prescription drugs they kill more people than cars, wars and infectious diseases. Are they ever likely to be banned? No, they make good money for the government and pharmaceutical companies.

They put bans on things which directly compete with sales of these items.

Since having the children, my waist line has not been what it once was. It was kept at bay somewhat by my skating, but after being diagnosed with osteoarthritis and being in too much pain to skate, and having to quit, it has widened further than I am comfortable with.

I've been told many times that the only relief I will get is to have a hip replacement, which I'm not willing to do (well, not yet). The hip mainly only bothers me when I overexert. Some days it's good and others it's, well, a pain. Apparently I now don't even realise when I'm limping because I'm limping all the time.

I remember reading about some youbeaut water that claimed all sorts of diseases and thought that I would try it, even though I was very sceptical of it's 'magic' abilities. While reading up on it, I came across other stuff that suggested that alkaline water was basically the same thing and that you could turn ordinary water alkaline by adding lemon juice.

So, still reading other pages looked at some other pages suggesting keeping to an alkaline diet, which is probably the same, or similar to what IF is suggesting. For the last week, I have been drinking my water laced with lemon juice and not eating any bread (I lie, I did have Subway one day). I don't eat much in the way of white rice, so cutting that out is not a problem either. I do eat potatoes and probably a lot more than I should, and have not removed them from my diet. I've been eating a lot of fruit & veg.

I was wondering about why I was needing to use the toilet more often than normal, but apparently (if we believe IF), that is normal with the amount of plant based foods I have been eating. Without even trying, my weight has dropped too. Not much, but, hey, it's only been a week. Surprisingly my hip has not been hurting either.

It's funny, because I haven't even looked at the other threads about diet, but I gather from the rather vocal outbursts, that there has been heated debate going on about everyone's diet.

I'm not saying IF is correct. I haven't changed anything because of him, I just stumbled upon this thread and this is the first I've heard of anything relating to his postings. All I'm saying is that I'm feeling pretty good this week. It could be my diet, but hey, I have arthritis, it could be the weather too.

Yeah I did
You:
For instance, those petrol bowser workers who used to fill up our cars were highly predisposed to lung cancer, citing that petrol and exhaust fumes are highly toxic and carcinogenic:

Your source:
Considering, significant increase in CA and SCE in workers exposed to petrol-pump fumes during the present investigations, it may be concluded that these workers represent a risk group that should be carefully monitored.

You appear to be extremely good at taking inferences and stating as fact -
Oh then ofcourse you quote Wikipedia and the Telegraph next - must be true:)

I am not disputing that some of your claims might have some basis in fact, but based on you posting history, this is so wrapped up in hysteria a speculation presented as absolute facts that overall your intent is lost in your zealotism.

Back