Are you male or female?

Are you Male or Female?

• Male

Votes: 84 60.9%
  • Female

Votes: 54 39.1%

• Total voters
I am the female, and the decision maker when it comes to personal things. I am more of the decision maker when it comes to joint purchases as well, although we both have input, my husband usually leaves most of the decision making to me.
When I went to buy my VW, the (young) salesman would not let me test drive it until I bought my husband in. Needless to say, I purchased elsewhere. My money, my decision.

I am the female, and the decision maker when it comes to personal things. I am more of the decision maker when it comes to joint purchases as well, although we both have input, my husband usually leaves most of the decision making to me.
When I went to buy my VW, the (young) salesman would not let me test drive it until I bought my husband in. Needless to say, I purchased elsewhere. My money, my decision.

I must live a very sheltered life because I find it hard to believe that stuff like that goes on today.

About eight or nine years ago, when I would have been about 40 and with three kids in tow, a carpet salesWOMAN would not arrange a time for a measure and quote unless my husband would be there too :eek:.

She also said when I pointed out a particular berber carpet "oh, you couldn't afford that one". What the........?

Before she uttered one word to me though, when I walked in the store, she totally ignored me and finished paperwork with a customer (no problem with that) but didn't bother to acknowledge my presence or say "I'll be with you soon" (BIG problem with that) I stopped restraining my kids from climbing all over her carpet displays, and let them go for their lives :p.

We bought elsewhere.

I think sometimes other women treat women pretty shabbily too.

That happens, doesn't it? A friend of ours had her useless boy-friend in tow when looking at a Beemer but the salesman wouldn't talk to her. She went to Bris to buy the car she knew she wanted.

In our house I make all the big decisions. The ones about the New World Order, Economics, Gulf oil spills and the like and allow the Lady to make the small ones.

She also said when I pointed out a particular berber carpet "oh, you couldn't afford that one". What the........?

You should have said "Yes, you're right. I do have 20 investment properties that need re-carpeting.... have you seen Pretty Woman though?" ;)

I can't believe some of the things I'm reading on here. I only ever shop solo, so have only ever had them treating me like a fool, but can't imagine being told I had to wait for my husband!!! :eek:

Hubby and I were discussing different professions and the fact that some are still very much male dominated and Real Estate Agents came up. We have both noticed that sometimes I am treated different to Hubby because I am a female and maybe that is because traditionally most purchasing (in years gone past) was done by males, which got me thinking what is the ratio of males to females on the forum.

I think women make the final decisions in PPOR buying. Usually based on that elusive "feeling" as opposed to logic.

This isn't a bad thing to take into account. When you sell you hope to sell to a PPOR buyer (they don't buy with a calculator) so that elusive "homey feeling" is something you hope the property has.

I've found that age has generally been more of an obstacle then gender, when dealing with agents. Although, it does become less of an issue with time :p.

I've never had problems - but then I'm the talker, and my partner is the silent arm candy with the lovely long blonde hair. People figure out pretty quick that they aren't going to get a peep out of him, so they talk to me.

Hubby and I were discussing different professions and the fact that some are still very much male dominated and Real Estate Agents came up. We have both noticed that sometimes I am treated different to Hubby because I am a female and maybe that is because traditionally most purchasing (in years gone past) was done by males, which got me thinking what is the ratio of males to females on the forum.

One thing that's never mentioned in the him & her balance is that many more men are out in the workforce and will be there their whole life from leaving school. So they build careers.
Women come and go with family & kids , it's only been the last decade or so where most are working now Howard saw to that. Ok , kick me , now !
But still nowhere near all women are working and many have just joined or left or had 20 yrs out or going to so how can anyone expect a balance , I never get it.

Me , I'm just an innocent cross dressing tranny so we just play em as we need to , hu ! Naa - me male & so is my wife , naa she's a he gone to a she. No actually we're both just a very normal pare rabbits that breed like buggery only we use surrogates .
No I'm a male & she's all women & a very very nice one I'm happy to say . Thought I'd better attempt to tidy this mess up , hmm.

Ok , I'll go now
Cheers

Last edited:
Actually , we ride the him her thing all the way to the bank , which I forgot to mention.
Only this morning she rang the solicitor , they have this girl thing going on so we ride it for all it's worth - the girl thing that is . Actually she is a very nice looking solicitor , where was I .
She went to buy our new TV , why , b/c she's a she & most of the salesmen are he's , man she can get twice the deal I can just by standing there, why not !Sure as eggs , home she comes with somem 1/2 the price , with extras , as we knew she would .
But we have other things that work best with me , we use it all for the max- like property deals , seems to have fallen into my forte , why not I say !

Cheers

Actually , we ride the him her thing all the way to the bank , which I forgot to mention.
Only this morning she rang the solicitor , they have this girl thing going on so we ride it for all it's worth - the girl thing that is . Actually she is a very nice looking solicitor , where was I .
She went to buy our new TV , why , b/c she's a she & most of the salesmen are he's , man she can get twice the deal I can just by standing there, why not !Sure as eggs , home she comes with somem 1/2 the price , with extras , as we knew she would .
But we have other things that work best with me , we use it all for the max- like property deals , seems to have fallen into my forte , why not I say !

Cheers

As a great business mentor of mine says

Know your roles and stick with them

ta
rolf

Gee, you better wash your mouth out with that comment. If she sees that, I am sure she will not be impressed at all, especially as she is still a teen and he is, well..........several years older than me. :eek: :p

hey its an equal opportunity world.
My GF is 12 years younger than me:D
We have been together since she was 19.

But maybe its a cultural thing.

My GF is 12 years younger than me:D
We have been together since she was 19.

Wow! I'm 6 years younger than my boyfriend and i'm 18 i don't think i'd go more than that though - especially not 12 years!

Boyfriend says he wants to give you a high five because you were 31 dating a 19 year old :rolleyes:

Boyfriend says he wants to give you a high five because you were 31 dating a 19 year old :rolleyes:

That's a pretty big age gap for that age, I'm 32 and had a 20 year old chasing me recently. If I had have gone for him, I'd have not felt like a cougar, but more like a criminal! :eek:

Although, girls are far more mature than men, so I guess the other way around could work. :p

Yep I agree with that they are . When I was in my 20's g/fs were far more advanced than I was & just generally far more aware , wiser .
My wife's 10yrs younger than me and we about match . But it was nothing to do with age . Actually if I had a choice I probably would have chosen older but it was the person beind the face that I felt & I knew as soon as I layed eyes on her I'd marry her if she'd have me & that was that .
No real dramas to speak off .

Cheers

Back