Votes: 84 60.9%
  • Female

Votes: 54 39.1%

• Total voters
Are you Male or Female ?

Not sure?

Have a look further down to find out...

NOT IN THIS POST YOU IDIOT!! ;)

That's a pretty big age gap for that age, I'm 32 and had a 20 year old chasing me recently. If I had have gone for him, I'd have not felt like a cougar, but more like a criminal! :eek:

Although, girls are far more mature than men, so I guess the other way around could work. :p

I know a 28 year old amateur house collector who'd make you feel less like a cougar.

*Looks down*

Yes, me man. Me strong. Me bring good banana leaf shelter to woman who cook me food and bring me baby.

Me 30. Woman 39. Baby 1.

Me good happy with life.

UG UG UG !!! Me go now.

Yes.... Me man.

Cheers

Me

I am the female, and the decision maker when it comes to personal things. I am more of the decision maker when it comes to joint purchases as well, although we both have input, my husband usually leaves most of the decision making to me.
When I went to buy my VW, the (young) salesman would not let me test drive it until I bought my husband in. Needless to say, I purchased elsewhere. My money, my decision.

I've just had a funny experience.

I received a cold call re solar last week and as I have been thinking of solar hot water I made an appointment. Well, the "consultant" just came and went. Refused to talk to me without my lady present. Clearly the sales pitch would have been: "TODAY ONLY have I got a deal for YOU!!! Sign now or the next guy on my list gets it".

I refused the offer of another appointment when Mrs Fish will be home. :D

I am the female, and the decision maker when it comes to personal things. I am more of the decision maker when it comes to joint purchases as well, although we both have input, my husband usually leaves most of the decision making to me.
When I went to buy my VW, the (young) salesman would not let me test drive it until I bought my husband in. Needless to say, I purchased elsewhere. My money, my decision.

When i worked in sales, we were trained to ALWAYS sell to the woman. If a couple walked in, the woman was considered 100% of the time to be the decision maker and the only one that really mattered. hahaha

Cheers

Mick

It's inexperience that causes the sell to the guy even when it's obvious the woman is looking phenomenon.

The salesperson is playing defensivley. H efigues, it's a car..MOST women seem to know / cae less about cars then guys, so this woman will probbly rely on the guy to countre what I say, so if I work on him and get in first I have a chance to avoid the guy bombarding me with objections and talking the woman out of the sale.....

In sunfishs scenario, the salesperson knows the script they were taught to follow and why it is good to follow from their sales training, including having both of the couple present so that neither could say "i have to talk it over with my other 1/2 and get back to you'-this way you close the gaps leaving them nowhere to run. They passed that with flying colours and now are going to make a salesperson out of themselves, but they are not convinced of their actual sales ability yet, so better play by the book and avoid the possibility of unforeseen upsets

If I were a salesman and a "couple" walked in I would reply to the person who asked the question. Easy.

If they were "bland" (which I assume is common) I would try to prompt a reaction from one or the other. This may involve being mildly controversial but Hell! how do you motivate tyre kickers?

Personally I have always found salesmen to be too polite to be effective.

I agree with you.

But, you have the experience and confidence to do that, the newer sales person however... I'd better do what they said in training...

I've got one of these....with tv antenna.
so that makes me a bloke.

shed.jpg

Back