Are you male or female?

Are you Male or Female?

• Male

Votes: 84 60.9%
  • Female

Votes: 54 39.1%

• Total voters
Hubby and I were discussing different professions and the fact that some are still very much male dominated and Real Estate Agents came up. We have both noticed that sometimes I am treated different to Hubby because I am a female and maybe that is because traditionally most purchasing (in years gone past) was done by males, which got me thinking what is the ratio of males to females on the forum.

Depending on the type of product being sold having both members of a partnership present assists in closing the sale however on occassions REA's have basically refused to provide any information to Skater prefering to discuss the matter with me. I like to sit there smile, turn to the wife and say something like, "you're the one who understands all this stuff, what do you think?"

I must say it was very off putting for me one day when dealing with a female salesperson who ignored me throughout the process, 100% of their attention was on Debbie. I've never had this happen to me before or since.

Whether it is intentional or not, it is poor business practice, disrespectful and downright rude. Still if the deals good we will still buy. :eek:

Regards

Andrew

... but some REA's believe they can't buy the homes without hubby's money (or permission). :eek:

I had this happen a couple of years ago. He said something along the lines of "Come back with your Husband and we can let you look at some of the properties." I was flabergasted, and went to another agency to look at the same properties through them. I didn't buy any of them, but if I had, that agent just lost himself a hefty slice of commission.

OK...it's just clicked...BH and Skater are married...this is starting to freak me out a little...:eek:

anyone else out there want to let me in on their situations???:D

Boods

I've never had a problem with buying the house, and often take my 'token male' along to look the part....lol

I did however look at opening a business once, and when I contacted the real estate handling the shops lease, got told to get my husband to call him back to organise something......needless to say that never got off the ground.

.....and I get a lot of that attitude (needing a male), to buy cars....I'm allowed to look, but I need a man if I actually want to buy (I'm a mean negotiator when it comes to cars).

OK...it's just clicked...BH and Skater are married...this is starting to freak me out a little...:eek:

anyone else out there want to let me in on their situations???:D

Boods

Sheesh! You're a slow one. I thought that was old news.:p

Last edited:
Sunfish married to Lil' Skater...

:p

Gee, you better wash your mouth out with that comment. If she sees that, I am sure she will not be impressed at all, especially as she is still a teen and he is, well..........several years older than me. :eek: :p

OK...it's just clicked...BH and Skater are married...this is starting to freak me out a little...

Lol, i thought that was old news too! I'll keep my lips sealed to my situation :)

Sunfish married to Lil' Skater...

Yeah, ahh NO!

I did however look at opening a business once, and when I contacted the real estate handling the shops lease, got told to get my husband to call him back to organise something......needless to say that never got off the ground.

.....and I get a lot of that attitude (needing a male), to buy cars.

See i've found many agents think that because i'm female and young that i know nothing, it's even worse considering i'm in the industry :(

Gee, you better wash your mouth out with that comment. If she sees that, I am sure she will not be impressed at all, especially as she is still a teen and he is, well..........several years older than me. :eek: :p

Hmm, although as we know i fancy my older man :p (just not quite that old, eww!)

See i've found many agents think that because i'm female and young that i know nothing, it's even worse considering i'm in the industry :(

See, this I actually find amusing. I've had real estate agents and car sales people think that I'm some ditsy female and think I'm stupid. I just grin on the inside, knowing that they're in for some hard work. :D

See, this I actually find amusing. I've had real estate agents and car sales people think that I'm some ditsy female and think I'm stupid. I just grin on the inside, knowing that they're in for some hard work. :D

I find that amusing too. I play that up a bit sometimes as well and ask all sorts of questions. I'm sure sometimes they think I know nothing about property. :D

funny question
what if you are guy or a lesbian does that throw out your question
I am neither
I deal with lots of different people on lots of levels and gender has not been an issue or a problem
the problem is the person that can't deal with a gender, race or person
and if you are in business you have to fly above that.
so are you male or female to me is a bit of silly question
it more is the majority on this site male or female
now most males look on site for things they like or are interested in most women look at things they are interested in and it could be sites like this
but it got nothing to do with are you male or female
why
we are not the same.
both males and females can be charted into 4 groups and if you have a read of those groups you will understand what they are
now those groups are very different if you are male or female
and so you need to know a what group they are
and b male or female to see how you approach them and how you present to them
because they are very very different
oil and water in some ways
because we are male or female does not make us all the same far from it
to market you need to know your market and these group and how they work requires yuo to understand the differences
and also if you have no idea of a group
how do you negotiate with that group you have no idea of how to approach or give your ideas
are you male or female you might as well ask have you brown hair or blonde
for me does it matter
answer no
I got the same question from a mechanic about my car and the wife told me the mechanic wanted to talk to me
my question to him was simple she drives the car how am I to become a car mechanic thats his job and when he tells me the problem I will ask another mechanic see if he is right and handed back the phone.
why is it that females always ask are you male or female
why because its of no interest to males
why
its that because males have a simple straight forward looking at things that what we are
we are no gyroscopes we are single thinking, direct focus, and aim for a particular end
and we are good at that
now is a gyroscope better
no because its not focused.
ying and yen as the chinese say
the problem is
understand yourself
understand what you can do and what you can't do
then work on or get people around you that can do what you can't do
and that does not matter male or female
don't worry or make an issue of male or female
make an issue of what you want and how to get it
don't gyroscope and aim on the end result
you wish to burn me on this post thats fine I am a duck and it will go over my back

GS,

Put simply, I believe the idea of the post is to get an idea of the make up of SS. What this reveals??? Possibly that there are more females using this forum then men. Does this mean more women are involved in RE, or men are doers and don't need to rely on a forum. Perhaps the more accurate method would be involvement on the forum which would be based on the number of green icons the forumites have.

If the forum is a reflection on the general community then there will be gays or lesbians, these are still male or female. However Skater hasn't allowed for transexuals. Fair comment but abit of a waffle.

Like most polls on SS it will reveal only basic information on the current active membership who choose to participate.

Regards

Andrew

Back