Are you smarter than your Children..

One can walk down any street in any town in Australia or "OS" and see most people face-down looking at the small screen,we live in a Age with unlimited data,that gives everyone very easy access a massive amount of information more then all the walk in free libraries in Australia combined..

I think my kids now grow up are smarter then me,but the problem I see that others don't ,information is not any form of knowledge nor does it give
wisdom that's something you learn over time through mistakes good and bad,and also most of the data out there can also be misleading,are you smarter then you kids??,and I also apologise to anyone who don't have a family for what ever reason..

How does one define "smart?"

Is it raw IQ? If that was a correct measure, most of my high-IQ friends appear to be financially poor than my middling-IQ friends.

Is it "street smarts" - ie. to have a peasant cunning so one can always keep one's head above water?

Is it about maturity - the people labelled as "idiot savants" are smart in their own way but cannot manage their day-to-day affairs. Similarly, I know some amazing kids who can code, but can do nothing else of value.

midvale.jpg

Sometimes Yes.....Sometimes No

Both my kids are dogs. The Lab is fairly clever but I think I'm ahead. Having opposable thumbs helps.

We recon the little terrier cross is getting by in life based on her "looks". She's mostly just looks cute.

I know I'm smarter than my nieces (aged between 2 and 5). I spent last Easter stealing their chocolate. Stealing candy from babies; the perfect crime.

Then there's these kids... http://www.collegehumor.com/post/6924388/these-fashion-kids-need-to-settle-the-f-down

I know adults who are academic geniuses, IQ of 140ish, photogrpahic memory,

but are as thick as a sack of cement,

I know adults that failed high school while trying, but put them into a problem solving situation, and they will sort of the problems in the middle east

what defines smart!

Back