Argument with partner - which unit

Alright so some friends are looking at units. And looked at a few for them, been talking with my partner about what they are looking at...

I like this one, my partner thinks it ugly.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-unit-sa-kurralta+park-117453263

She likes this one, which I think is ugly.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-glynde-117419375#

Share your opinion. Am I wrong? Is it just a matter of opinion, I really thought it was clear cut. Forgetting suburb etc, just looks and layout.

For PPOR or ip?
I didn't look at the suburb or price at all, but personally I'd rather live in the 2nd (based solely on avail photos)

But it's really just a matter of opinion...

Happy wife = happy life.

If we're going off looks alone - I much prefer the one you like. It has more character.

Cheers

Jamie

Number 1.

All that brick in number 2 is going to wear on your nerves.

Also #1 has better facilities - yard and garage

I suspect she prefers the 2nd because of the kitchen and bathroom in the first property. Offer 10k less and redo one of both areas

Cheers

I would go the second one, its all on one level so no wasted space with stairwells, feels much more like a house, good kitchen size, bigger yard

I don't think the first one looks ugly. It looks quite interesting. I would probably go for that one based on looks. But then it depends whether it's a PPOR or investment property. If it's PPOR then you have to keep the wife happy too.

Cheers

Andrew

Neither are for my partner.

Friends of mine have been looking at these for their PPOR, partner and I were in discussion about which one we liked. It surprised me that she prefered the 2nd one.

I liked the 1st for the exact reason as the others, thought the place has nice character.

Could be fun when comes time to build next year :rolleyes:

Prefer the general look of the 2nd one, dislike the outdated fittings and kitchen - I dislike the red bricks on the 1st, but fittings seems to be slightly better and newer on the 1st.

So half half :confused:

Based on the photos - definitely the second (Loader St).

There is more than can be done to the second to instantly improve at little cost (new flatpak kitchen, bathroom, built ins) - it has a lovely courtyard area, on a single level.

The first one seems dark and dank ... and those brick arches (shudder).

Just goes to show that personal opinion is "personal".

Both look 1970s to 1980s. I'm leaning slightly towards the first for the character element, but it's hard to say given there's no plans for the second, so I'm assuming they're similar size and features.

If it was for me I'd pass over both.

I would go the second one, its all on one level so no wasted space with stairwells, feels much more like a house, good kitchen size, bigger yard

Agree.
An exclusive use courtyard has got to be worth a lot extra. I'd also go for single level living any day..

My wife wanted a cat. I didn't want a cat. So we compromised and got a cat.

Bill Burr:

"My girl did what most females do. They just figure 'I know what's good for him. I know what makes him happy. I'm gonna make a major decision without him and then he's just gonna deal with it.' That's how I got a dog.

I got a dog when I was on the road. I got a message on my phone. 'Um, okay... I did something... Kind of involves both of us.... But you're gonna love it... Just give me a call! Okay, bye!' "

Back