Armadale 6112 Investment

Hi am currently looking to invest in the Eastern suburb of Armadale in Perth, from what i can see the city of Armadale is doing alot to improve infrastructure in the area. Rental Yields also look handy and most of the suburb is zoned for R25 building

i understand there is a high crime rate and a below desirable social aspect there.

just want any thoughts on investing in the area and if anyone else is looking at Armadale as a safe investment

Armadale

I've not been out that way for years so I am not sure what is happening now. It has train to Perth So thats a plus and also all the basic services.

Hi am currently looking to invest in the Eastern suburb of Armadale in Perth, from what i can see the city of Armadale is doing alot to improve infrastructure in the area. Rental Yields also look handy and most of the suburb is zoned for R25 building

i understand there is a high crime rate and a below desirable social aspect there.

just want any thoughts on investing in the area and if anyone else is looking at Armadale as a safe investment

Matt
You are well aware of the downfalls of Armadale.
There are some really good pockets in there, like Seville Grove around Brown Crescent area

Armadale is Armahole

At one stage we were looking in Armadale. We also put an offer for a property in Angelo St, fortunately the lady selling the house was greedy and did not accept our offer. We decided not to buy in Armadale because (1) Far from city (2) Trains are not safe (3) Too many bogans (4) You may get stabbed on the train (5) Older area (6) Too many druggies (7) You can't sleep if your son/daughter hasn't reached home.................... (80) Many more reasons

Thanks

At one stage we were looking in Armadale. We also put an offer for a property in Angelo St, fortunately the lady selling the house was greedy and did not accept our offer. We decided not to buy in Armadale because (1) Far from city (2) Trains are not safe (3) Too many bogans (4) You may get stabbed on the train (5) Older area (6) Too many druggies (7) You can't sleep if your son/daughter hasn't reached home.................... (80) Many more reasons

Thanks

Many said the same about Balga 5 years ago...

nothing wrong with handy, its a better word than ****

and seeing that population grow is to double in the area in 10 years with Tonkin Highway extension, new Forrestdale Industrial Area are my main reasons to look into this area

thanks for all the replys

OMG - the perth market sure is an odd one. you can buy in subiaco for not a whole lot more!

500k in subiaco? You'd be dreaming... Maybe a 2bed apartment/unit if anything.

But 500k in Balga was definitely an overstatement. Average would be 350ish, which is still far too much for an area filled with crime, drugs and bogans.

The WAPol site wasn't any help with stats, however

Postcodes reveal crime hotspots

Balga, Mirrabooka, Nollamara and Westminster are WA's criminal hotspots, with figures showing that more than 3 per cent of the State's prison population listed the suburbs as their last address prior to going to jail.

The Department of Corrective Services statistics, released in Parliament in response to questions from Greens MP Giz Watson, show postcode 6061 to be the last known address for 151 adult prisoners, the highest incarceration number for any postcode in WA.

The area was also the last address for eight juveniles before going into detention, the second highest in the State

cont....

Balga had its spike only because of redevelopment potential. I would estimate around 20% of the suburb has been rebuilt and most of those would be 4 dwellings on one site. So now you have roughly double the number of residents, most of which are at the cheap tenant end of the market. If anything I believe that creates more problems for the suburb, not improve it. Plus all the surrounding suburbs are still shitholes. You won't see any more significant growth there that's for sure.

Rental market is tight there, can pick up 2 bed duplex around $180,000 that rent for $270pw. Not far from Perth CBD.

you should go into stand up comedy....not far from Perth...:rolleyes: Your Sydney location does not translate to Perth.

if its got land component it wont be 180k.

good buy! i did the development at 157 Seventh ave, and the big one corner of Sixth/Forrest and Bonner Lane.

currently a big duplex site, but if its going R40 i recommend 8x 2 bed apartments, 4 up, 4 down.

if you did the ground floor as Cat C dependant dwellings you'll sell them immediately to DHW for asking price.

think i;ll have to get friendly with the old couple next door 1600squ/m

will keep that in mind Aaron and will keep your business in mind as well as a don't think this will be my only purchase this year for a development site

Back