Armstrong Creek...geelong - any info on plans??

Hi all

Just looking to see if there is any other knowledge out there about the latest plans for Armstrong Creek development in the Geelong area? would this make grovedale and waurn ponds more interesting? I was thinking these two places would be a great investment. I have read all the previous posts about geelong and the areas but they were little while ago so just wondering if anyone has new thoughts on the areas? also like Belmont and Newcomb.

Thanks

Hi all

Just looking to see if there is any other knowledge out there about the latest plans for Armstrong Creek development in the Geelong area? would this make grovedale and waurn ponds more interesting? I was thinking these two places would be a great investment. I have read all the previous posts about geelong and the areas but they were little while ago so just wondering if anyone has new thoughts on the areas? also like Belmont and Newcomb.

Thanks

Don't know about Armstrong Creek except that there is quite a bit of "talk". Not too much concrete at this stage, AFAIK.

As for Belmont and Newcomb...
Belmont is generally "new" (80s+) Belmont and "old" (60s) Belmont. Quite a bit of variation between the 2 areas. Lots of reno and sub-div opportunities in "old" Belmont. And the bypass has made Melbourne just that little more accessible.

Newcomb is more 70s and most Geelongites look down their noses at the suburb, as it's historically been a lot of commission housing. But it's fairly close to the Geelong CBD and starting to lift, IMO. Some knock-down/rebuilds, subdivisions, etc. But there are definitely "good" and "bad" areas of Newcomb.

Our preference is the Northern and Western suburbs (Geelong West, Hamlyn Heights, Manifold Heights, Bell Post Hill, etc).

Sorry to go off topic...

Latest figures see Central Geelong up 30 per cent
Highton up 24.2
Bell Park up 21.5
with Leopold up 16 and St Leonards up 14.8 .
Armstrong Creek is a fair way off happening yet.
Cheers Judy

I think it will be good in there.

Close to Melbourne for work.

Employment areas in Armstrong Creek.

Close to a multi-plex, shops, new $7m aquatic centre.

And, close to Torquay which is great for families in summer.

Dream life really.

ok, interesting. we are on the gold coast but am planning on staying here for little while longer, just want a good investment in geelong for now. have done alot of research and like alot of the areas but having trouble finding the right one... do you think it really matters, they all seem to have their positive and negatives. Surely most of the abovementioned areas have to grow. Geelong to me is like the way the Gold Coast was 30 years ago.

now i hate the GC but the property is worth alot. we also like clifton springs for affordability but dont think there will be much infrastructure happening there in the future.... oh well will keep plugging away at the internet and hopefully something will spring up. each time we find one we like it has gone undercontract! hot property i think......;)

Back