asbestos/house removal

Hi All

I am about to embark on the construction of some units and have a 1950's (9 x 9.5m) fibro house on the block.

It is structurally in good nick, though the bathroom and kitchen are shot and has a new roof.

I am looking at options re removal or demolition.

I suspect it it chock full of asbestos though I do not know. I understand that you have to remove all asbestos prior to removal. Is that right? is this in the entire structure? Is this a council thing (this place in Brisbane)?

I am looking at a block not far from where it is currently situated (around 2 kms) so it would seem that if the asbestos issue is not a problem then a removal might be a viable option.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

If it goes on the road you need the asbestos removed. AD civil are used by my clients for asbestos and demo. ALAN 0407037001

no its a workcover thing

your demo company will remove it by hand first give you a clearance cert then send the excavator and tipper to remove your remaining house

no tips will take general building waste with asbestos mixed in there is large penalties loss of licences if demo companies do this

Back