Asian hubs in Perth and Adelaide

Following on from this post;

The top public primary school in Adelaide in Linden Park Pri Sch. More than 50% of the students are Asian descent.

Posted this link couple of weeks ago in the Adelaide thread;

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messe...358295521?sv=2df46d255a1c515a5b040337dc868a07

The top public high school is Glenunga International High School. Again very strong Asian enrolment, with its IB curriculum.

Both these schools are in the Eastern suburbs and about 10 mins drive from each other. I would be looking at properties in these zones. ( coming from an Asian who is living in these zones ;))

This is bang on for a lot of my migrant clients, just about all of them are looking to buy or have bought in these areas just for the school zones.

I would be looking Glenunga & Norwood/Moriolta school zones.

This is bang on for a lot of my migrant clients, just about all of them are looking to buy or have bought in these areas just for the school zones.

I would be looking Glenunga & Norwood/Moriolta school zones.

Glenunga school zone area already had a price jump from last year to this year. I have some area in Norwood/Moriolta that I am interested in myself.

Alternatively I also look for Brighton High zones due to it being closer to the beaches.

Sure.

Asians in general are very hard workers, and investing - particularly in property - is very much ingrained in their culture. Ethnic groups are also very homogenous - not just asians, but everyone. Look at how expat caucasians all group together when living in Japan and Hong Kong for example. So you have a highly concentrated group of people that work hard and like to invest, and it's growing at a steady pace - I very much subscribe to the idea of the rise of SE Asia in the next 30-50 years, and I see Australia benefiting a lot from this.

Jerry, I suppose to maximise success with this strategy you may achieve better results targeting the prominent States where Asians invest, my guess is Syd/Melb where you may achieve better results.

Have been reading many posts on various suburbs in Melb/Syd where foreign investors are pushing prices through the roof, ie good public schools etc.

MTR:)

Biggest attraction to Asians (Chinese, Indians, Malaysians, Singaporeans) for SOR suburbs is the 2 high schools: Rossmoyne and Willetton.

Rossmoyne used to top Willetton consistently in the ATAR rankings. But the last 3 years had been different. They both put up good fights :D

My kids go to Rossmoyne SHS. Good, solid school.

+1 from anecdotal evidence

North of the River Chinese favor suburbs around Churchlands SHS, look for suburbs like Churchlands, Woodlands and Wembley which is in the school's catchment. Can be pricey though!

Back