AstroTurf(lawn)

Howdy everyone.

It has been quite some time since I last posted here and now I figured it was time to get back into it.

I have been searching throughout Canberra for a supplier of Astrolawn (aka Astroturf) but I can only find low quality products that just look fake. I did contact Superlawn in QLD and obtained a swatch from them, but it just looks and feels fake. I recall seeing a homeshow type segment on TV a while ago that had the presenter quote "Is this really fake grass. I would never have known." I want to use this product on my front yard for a number of reasons. Improve the appearance (dead and/or brown winter grass) of the property and to conserve water, just to mention two reasons.

Has anyone got details of any companies that can supply interstate clients and is anyone willing to provide their thoughts on such a project? I would be interested in hearing any ideas (good or bad) on this subject, regardless of the poster's qualifications. Brainstorming is the term they use for this. ;)

Regards

prunster said:
Has anyone got details of any companies that can supply interstate clients and is anyone willing to provide their thoughts on such a project?

I had thoughts of using some to make part of a paved courtyard for a villa a bit 'softer' (and would also go with the overhanging shade tree).

I'd imagine it would need to be pourous to allow proper drainage.

I first asked at a nursery and they suggested a sports store. Then they suggested WA Salvage. I was all ready to go, but they were out of stock of it, so I never got to see it. IIRC the price was about $20-40 per metre (1.8m rolls).

I wonder if anyone's done any experiments with old (green) carpet with slits cut into it? Though i'd imagine that mould, smell and bad drainage could be problems!

Regards, Peter

Back