Attaching Timber to Concrete?

G'day Knuckleheads,

Uncle Knackers here.When trying to add value to a property we often find ourselves adding a new wall here and there which usually involves attaching a timber wall to a slab. Now I know a lot of you good people know how to attach timber to concrete using dynabolts, but for those that don't, l've knocked up a pretty handy video showing exactly how to do it. The links below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bQJdj4rbI

Have a good one.

Cheers.:)

I used a bunch this week to attach metal brackets and lintels to concrete and brick. So long as the concrete/brick is in good condition and not crumbly, gave a very good hold. I was using 6mm shaft ones at 50-100mm length and was able to drive them into the guide hole easily with my makita cordless drill on low speed and low clutch setting.

I use concrete screws that just need a guide hole drilled and are self tapping.
Those aren't bad and they have their uses (basically for just holding something in place) but if you want true holding power dynabolts are the go. Often you'll see them positioned on the bottom plate within 100mm of an angled metal wall brace or on the corners of external walls, at the junctions of internal walls or at the corners of ply bracing. It is more often than not a building code regulation to install dynabolts where required due to their holding ability.

Good video, though it would have been nice if the video quality was a bit better.

Thanks for that mate. If anyone can recommend a good camcorder l would be very grateful. I've been looking around for a while. The one that l have now is as old as the hills and at the end of its tether:(. Any advice would be appreciated.Cheers

Thanks for that mate. If anyone can recommend a good camcorder l would be very grateful. I've been looking around for a while. The one that l have now is as old as the hills and at the end of its tether:(. Any advice would be appreciated.Cheers

Wrong reply! You're supposed to say: "Super duper clear HD Videos available for a mere $100, but if you call today and quote 'somersoft' you'll get a MASSIVE 80% off!" :D

The Y-man

Those aren't bad and they have their uses (basically for just holding something in place) but if you want true holding power dynabolts are the go. Often you'll see them positioned on the bottom plate within 100mm of an angled metal wall brace or on the corners of external walls, at the junctions of internal walls or at the corners of ply bracing. It is more often than not a building code regulation to install dynabolts where required due to their holding ability.

Yep I certainly wouldnt use them for anything too structual!

Back