Attn: All Bong Users

If you're going to chop a piece out of my garden hose to make a bong - could you please cut closer to the connector so that I don't have to waste 1 metre of hose.

Thanks

I used to get this happen at a reasonably regular rate if I left the hose connected to the front tap (easy to bend over the fence and strike). Haven't been doing this for ages!! Hose now lives up the side of the house - until I left it as shown in the pic last week. They had to come up the driveway level with the house to make the cut. They've got nerve - I'll give them that. Wish I'd heard them!!! :mad:

Attachments

• hose1-crop2.jpg
    hose1-crop2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 179
I was wondering about draping the 1m of hose over my front fence with a sign - "Free for Bong Users. Take what you need but leave my hose alone." :D

Geez, all a 15m hose from Bunnings cost is $5 - imagine all the bongs they could make from 15m!

I worked for a hardware store (McEwans, later became Bunnings) when I was in Uni.

One enterprising manager noted that there was a lot of sales for clear 1 inch hose in 6 inch lengths. He figured out people were using them as bongs.

He got one of the girls to do some research, cut the hose to an appropriate length and put a price tag of 1m hose on it. Made a killing!

When I was a teenager, my grandmother lived with us. She was the gardener. I remember once she made the observation that her hose didn't seem to reach as far as it used to. I told her that leaving it out in the sun it would make it shrink.

Back