AU / NZ broker?

From another forum.

Does anybody know a broker that has experience with both the AU and NZ finance system?

This lady has a house in NZ that has been rented out since 2012. The family wants to buy a house here in Aus but the bank keeps wanting her to sell the NZ property.

I will add to this if I get any further info :). Thanks

You're unlikely to find a broker that can organise finance across both countries. Licensing across the Tasman isn't practical. If you want to finance against a property in NZ, you need to talk to a broker in NZ, or an AU broker for an AU property.

It's not a problem to get finance here for a NZ resident, using the NZ rental income is no problem either. It's not uncommon at all.

You're unlikely to find a broker that can organise finance across both countries. Licensing across the Tasman isn't practical. If you want to finance against a property in NZ, you need to talk to a broker in NZ, or an AU broker for an AU property.

It's not a problem to get finance here for a NZ resident, using the NZ rental income is no problem either. It's not uncommon at all.

Thanks for your input Peter. can you deal with this scenario? If so I will pass on your details.

Hi, I've used Brent Lattimore, mortgage broker (Focus Financial) in Christchurch who has some experience with raising cash in NZ for buying property here. He's amazing :)

Thanks for your input Peter. can you deal with this scenario? If so I will pass on your details.

It's really not a difficult scenario. It's really just a loan for an applicant with some sources of income from overseas. NZ based income is very easy to establish.

If your friend needs to raise money for a deposit against her NZ property, that needs to be organised locally, but again I don't imagine that's a problem either.

Back