Auction - only one party attending

Hi all, planning on bidding at an auction on 16 March which also happens to be my wedding day! Because my fiance will be getting ready at the time (and because we cant see each other before the ceremony) only I will be attending the auction.

We are buying the property together so how would she get her name on the contract if we're successful?

Thanks
jackbak

Hi all, planning on bidding at an auction on 16 March which also happens to be my wedding day! Because my fiance will be getting ready at the time (and because we cant see each other before the ceremony) only I will be attending the auction.

We are buying the property together so how would she get her name on the contract if we're successful?

Thanks
jackbak

Make the agent earn their commission and drive to where she is getting ready?

pinkboy

Power of attorney would be needed.

Though with the general idea that you should approach bidding at auctions with a calm state of mind, do you REALLY want to do this on your wedding day?

Power of attorney would be needed.

Though with the general idea that you should approach bidding at auctions with a calm state of mind, do you REALLY want to do this on your wedding day?

Not ideal but agents not about to change the auction date just because I'm getting married so no choice. Also, I have a budget and wont go over it even if Im nervous.

First thing she says after vows are exchanged, "Did you get me my dream home?"

Best of luck, I hope it's a great day all round. :)

Haha yeah it will be a day to remember that's for sure! It's pretty much our dream home and it's within budget so hoping to have the 'fairy tale' day!

Thanks PT_Bear!

As the others have said:
Power of Attorney - probably most commonly used.
& / or nominee - I think OK in Victoria but not in other states (triggers double stamp duties).
Get agent to drive to you - OK if only a few streets away.

Occassionally, we see a non-attending party to the contract fill in their details and actually sign a copy of the contract before the auction is held. As long as you trust the person bidding to fill in the eventual sale price on the fall of the hammer, this can work too.

In your case, this may be a bit tricky deciding whether to get your fiance` to sign with her maiden name or her (about to be), married name.

All the best for the day on both counts. :)

use and or nominee in vic no issue,

write
"jackback and or nominee namely Mrs Jackback..........(the mrs)

no double stamp duty in that case

use the married name in case she does not rock up on the day and you marry a bridesmaid instead, contract will still be good..

Why not just get her to sing a form the same as you do when a buyers agent is bidding for you or if you give permission for a phone bid?

Good luck by the way. Wave the contract at her as she walks down the aisle. LOL

That is what I was thinking. May be get/hire someone 'experienced' in auctions to do the job for you. Some BAs would do it for you as well. Then you both don't need to be there and also your emotions are kept safely away with more important things in life ;)

Back