Auction

house was put on auction ...

agent said the only way to sell the house prior to the auction is no cool off (66W certificate) with 10% deposit.

is this the case?

total bull crap or all honesty there?

vendor and agent can specify anything they want,

unless its a bank reposession,

they could specify they want a suitcase full of $5 notes if they wanted to ;)

agent said the only way to sell the house prior to the auction is no cool off (66W certificate) with 10% deposit.

is this the case?

total bull crap or all honesty there?

If the property goes to auction on the weekend or next weekend I understand it. As they don't want to stop their auction campaign just to have someone pull out, it could ruin the auction.

meaning that all due diligence need to be done first before signing the contract, which potentially leave the room to be gazumped by other offer?

is this the case?

They can dictate the their terms - and it's up to you to agree to them or not.

Generally speaking - it would be rare to purchase a property with conditions that's going to auction.

Cheers

Jamie

wait till it gets passed in. You dont think its going to get passed in? then you either need to attend the auction or put in an offer now on thier terms.

You realise most auction campaigns start at a fairly unrealistic price and move up from there? Your not interested in this property because its advertised cheaper than surrounding properties are you?

Option #1: if we are to submit strata inspection, valuation, building & pest, the risk is our offer will be gazumped by other buyer, which means higher purchase price.

Option #2: if we are to go ahead with $800k offer and 66W, the risk is $80K if we are to cool-off; it?s like buying a cat in the bag, without knowing anything about what?s inside.

In Victoria, 3 days either side of an auction is unconditional.

The Y-man

I think they changed that rule and now you do unless bought at auction.

Or maybe you don't get to cool off 3 days before but if passed in you and sold after it no longer follows the auction rules.

You could always look for auctions like this one .... a 'Friendly Auction'. Has anyone ever seen anything advertised like this before. Maybe it will catch on and become a thing...

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-goulburn-118242327

I think it is a good idea but bad if you were a property inspector.

When you buy a car the seller usually provides a roadworthy why not for a house?

The argument that the vendor will hide things is stupid as the inspector is bound to report it and if they don't it will be an insurance job.

I think it is a good idea but bad if you were a property inspector.

When you buy a car the seller usually provides a roadworthy why not for a house?

The argument that the vendor will hide things is stupid as the inspector is bound to report it and if they don't it will be an insurance job.

Agent will prefer buyers pay a few hundred $ so they are emotionally/financially committed- if they don't buy they've wasted that money on the inspection.

Could be an argument with a correctly worded report that unless you've paid for it you can't sue on it.

boys,

if the strata manager in the contract of sale is not up-to-date and it is not the valid strata manager for the unit, will it be an issue at any stage i.e. contract exchange, settlement, etc ?

the strata inspector just came back to me and mentioned the strata manager is not accurate and that he had to contact the sales agent to find out what is the accurate strata manager.

Agent will prefer buyers pay a few hundred $ so they are emotionally/financially committed- if they don't buy they've wasted that money on the inspection.

Could be an argument with a correctly worded report that unless you've paid for it you can't sue on it.

In Canberra because they need to assess the EER they usually chuck in a building inspection. I contemplated paying for my own as the one provided was rubbish though

Back