Auctions reports

I was wondering - Do the auctions reports at the Sydney Herald and the Sun Herald on Saturdays and Sundays cover ALL of the auctions of the previous week?

Why I ask? - I had attended an auction on the 28th, which results did not appear in today's Sun Herald. I believe it could not be omitted by mistake, since it actually auctioned several properties in one specified location.

The auctions that get reported are the ones the agents phone in about.
It is funny how they always phone in details of auctions that have successfuly sold but sometimes don't get around to reporting results they are not proud of

Last edited:
Hi Spark,

MY is right with this... also another thing they fail to show is whether the Pass In price was a vendor bid, I've been to auctions that had NO BIDS & only one vendor bid (within their quoted price range) then placed in the paper as PI at that $amount (I think that is deceptive)... Also, if a property sells for TOO LOW (ashamed to show the $amount) they show "price undisclosed"...

So basically be very careful when checking such results in the paper, u don't necessarily get the true picture/result...

Cheers,

Manny.

Is there any way to find the price a property sold for if a Real Estate agent wont disclose it.
Can I find out from the land titles office? ( eg How much stamp duty paid)

Smile said:
Is there any way to find the price a property sold for if a Real Estate agent wont disclose it.
Can I find out from the land titles office? ( eg How much stamp duty paid)

The Land Titles Office Sydney (now Department of Lands) should have the info on the Transfer dealing when it is registered in 99/100 cases (consideration does not always have to be stated) as with the Stamp Duty paid, it can be marked with a $2.00 stamp if contract was stamped with the main consideration.

At the moment a copy ordered in the office will cost you $4.00 (more if ordered online)

Regards Simon

This is a really interesting concept.

Just so I am clear on this, you are saying that you can look up a record of the stamp duty paid, and from that, extrapolate backwards to determine the sale price of the property.

Can I ask what is the meaning of:
"consideration does not always have to be stated"
and
"the main consideration"

What is the "consideration" ?

'consideration' appears to be a term used by either high-falutin professionals or genteel circumlocutors who cannot bring themselves to mouth such plain and vulgar terms as 'amount', 'cost' or 'price' ; )

Peter

PS: Then there's 'marketing' which sounds posher than 'selling'!

Spiderman said:
'consideration' appears to be a term used by either high-falutin professionals or genteel circumlocutors who cannot bring themselves to mouth such plain and vulgar terms as 'amount', 'cost' or 'price' ; )

Peter

PS: Then there's 'marketing' which sounds posher than 'selling'!

Sorry Arachnid Homo Sapien oops I mean Spiderman (doing it again!!) :D

I did not mean to sound like a "high-falutin professionals or genteel circumlocutors" as you put it.

I was refering to the way it is stated on the Transfer dealing form , yes consideration does mean amount paid for the property $$$

MMerlin "consideration does not always have to be stated"
The purchase price may not always be stated on a Tranfer for many reasons including a high profile person (Movie star, Politician, High court judge)trying to keep the details from being known to the general public, A Company selling to another Company (they also own) or to the Director/Secretary's private names.
It could also be transfered for Love and Affection or perhaps due to divorce, transfered to another family member.
It would be rare though for the amount paid for the property not to be shown, but I would hate to say you would always find out the information by searching the public record.

"the main consideration"
In some cases money may be paid for the property and shown on the Transfer but a seperate amount may of been paid for floor stock (shop) farming equipment,advertising space, truck/forklift as an example.

Hope this helps

Simon H

Back