Aussie Gurus

W

WebBoard

In another post we talked of the "American Guru's".

I would like peoples opinions on who are the "Australian Property Guru's",
anybody willing to give me their thoughts on this?

2 questions,
Who are Aussie gurus?

And why?

Cheers, TW
~Too bad the only people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and cutting hair~

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Who are the gurus?

Jan & Ian Somers
Geoff Doidge
Michael Croft
Nivia Pryor
Peter Spann
Brett Johnson
and I'm sure LOTS LOTS more

Why?
They've all been involved in different types of property deals and would encourage others to become involved in property investment too.

EL

Reply: 1.1

Thanks for the complement EL but I don't think I qualify. A legend in my own lunch box perhaps ;-)

Michael Croft

Reply: 1.1.1

To me an Aussie list of "guru's" would not be complete without every bodies "favourite"...

HENRY KAYE

see change

it's better to be guided by your dreams than your fears

Reply: 1.1.1.1

BTW

Who's Brett Johnson ???

see change

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Brett......son of Fred......been around 'in the game' for about 40 years I think.

Fred was a very prolific writer. In fact father and son bought out a book a couple of years ago. It's very good and if I had to think of 10 books I'd recommend, it would probably be one of them. Can't remember the name of it at present but you still see it in most of the larger bookstores.Worth a look.

:)

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1A9EA.3CACBF00
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"

"The Wealth Power of Property" was the Johnson Father and Son effort I
think?

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1A9EA.3CACBF00
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">

<TITLE>RE: Aussie Gurus</TITLE>

"The Wealth Power of Property" was the Johnson Father and Son effort I think?

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1A9EA.3CACBF00--

Reply: 1.1.2

EL, thanks, but I'm not a guru, I have to practice my chanting some more I think :eek:)

I'm just loud.

Cheers, TW

Reply: 1.1.2.1

Ah yes, but the loud ones are heard and remembered......

Surely a good position to be in.

(-:

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1

and doing up your buttons while you run TW :eek:)

Rick

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1

And clapping your hands..don't forget to rub them together.

Oh and the hugging factor!!

Boyler Room
Co-Ordinator for ADL Freestylers

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1.1

Don't forget to add Steve McKnight for wraps and positive cashflow properties. He is on a mission this year to purchase 100 +vely geared properties. Busy man, and very inspirational!

BTW, THE WEALTH POWER OF PROPERTY by F and B Johnson is an informative read too. I only have the 98 version though. Is there a more recent one out there?
Cheers, Jacque :)

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1

Sorry TW but you always do this to me! (and you brought it up if not suggested it!) TW doesn't count cos she is never specific about anything shes done. All the other 'guru's' are transparent in what they have done and happy to share the warts and all experiences!

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1

Here we go again!

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Amber (Et Al)
Yeeehaaaa! Happy days are here again!!! Sadly it is soooo easy to remove forever my suggestions!

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Get a life Jeremy and a hammer to get rid of that pathetic chip on your shoulder....

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

I am chip free! Shall I mention the battler thing again Jacque??

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Could equally be said that we never hear specific advice from you JL, though I must admit I'm not desperate in anticipation.

see change

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

I answer everything totally honestly I am asked SC! I have posted several times all that I have done, on this site and others. I have spoken at investment seminars on same topic, each time giving real examples of my successes and failures. I have told people who, where, what and how to do precisely what I have done. I am not vague, because I have learnt from people who weren't vague with me. I have issues with people who either give or ask for help who refuse to provide facts. Sadly there are so very very few people who think the same way. The people who seem to want the most give the least. As I have pointed out before, people die from hiding information in my work and yours SC, yet in all other walks of life these same people spend their lives hiding everything they can. Very very strange. On an open PROPERTY INVESTMENT forum, should not all information be willingly provided? If not the whole thing will (as it appears some nights the chat does) collapse onto itself. If nothing interesting is said, nothing will be sought and a great place of learning will be destroyed. I have had some great chats with a very select few people who I felt I have learnt a lot from, even though they may have very little to tell in terms of outright investing success. I like to walk away from the computer thinking I have learnt a lot. Shrouding things in secrecy will only work against what Jan and Ian have done for us all.

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Ok Jeremy!

Care to share with us, what runs on the board you have!

I hear you invest in the US as well, so how many properties do you have? And how did you do it?

Look forward to your answer.

Regards

John

Back