Aussie Mortgage Broker Info Night

elaborate?

You need a mentor to enter the mortgage broking industry from scratch. Aussie do this as part of their training program, but I'm fairly certain that almost all the brokers here did this privately.

There are certain criteria for mentoring which Corey would meet as well as most of the other brokers here should. It can't hurt to have a discussion with one or two (in fact I recommend this).

You need a mentor to enter the mortgage broking industry from scratch. Aussie do this as part of their training program, but I'm fairly certain that almost all the brokers here did this privately.

There are certain criteria for mentoring which Corey would meet as well as most of the other brokers here should. It can't hurt to have a discussion with one or two (in fact I recommend this).

Also have a read through the forums - theres about 5-6 good threads over the past year with all sorts of golden info on keys to success from some that are doing incredibly well.

Cheers,
Redom

Interesting but does mentoring means apprenticeships? I'm a-bit confused.

Well I had an info night with aussies which will obviously gives me even more questions, I will ask tomorrow.

Also have a read through the forums - theres about 5-6 good threads over the past year with all sorts of golden info on keys to success from some that are doing incredibly well.

Cheers,
Redom

thanks I will check it once i finish my info night

Back, it appears that all the info given by the information session had been already researched by myself for the past week already.

Anyways thanks for everyone's help and interest. I will start talking to individual brokers shortly, there are a few worrisome things as well since I just graduated...

Sorry for the thread bumping.

From what i researched if I want to join the industry not only you need a mentor but certification such as this below

- Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking (FNS40811)

Does anybody had any recommendations that offers this course and its actually good at it (not one of those house-to-house course sales type) so i can research further. Also is there any accreditation from the course?

Thanks

It's a certificate IV, there's no accreditation involved in this, that's a different part of the training.

If you want to understand what the pre-requisites for becoming a mortgage broker are, there are some older threads which describe the process quite well, or take a look at:

www.mfaa.com.au

If you dig a bit you'll find lots of useful info.

Sorry for the thread bumping.

From what i researched if I want to join the industry not only you need a mentor but certification such as this below

- Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking (FNS40811)

Does anybody had any recommendations that offers this course and its actually good at it (not one of those house-to-house course sales type) so i can research further. Also is there any accreditation from the course?

Thanks

Should do the Diploma with the Cert IV.

I recently did mine with NFI - http://www.financeinstitute.com.au/

Three days for the Cert IV and 2 days for the Diploma. Unfortunately can't see any courses in Adelaide - maybe worth a call and see if they can offer alternatives.

Good luck!

It's a certificate IV, there's no accreditation involved in this, that's a different part of the training.

If you want to understand what the pre-requisites for becoming a mortgage broker are, there are some older threads which describe the process quite well, or take a look at:

www.mfaa.com.au

If you dig a bit you'll find lots of useful info.

Well I already checked the FAQ and it saids

"Do I need to have a Certified Mentor?

The Diploma (FNS50504 or FNS50310/11) is the educational requirement for membership. If you have a Certificate IV (FNS40804 or FNS40810/11) only you can become a Member but as an assurance that you are competent to write loans you must complete the Diploma within 12 months of becoming a Member AND be Mentored by a MFAA Certified Mentor. ​"

So that means I had to have a Cert IV first before Diploma and also be mentored by a MFAA approved mentor as well.

I'm also thinking of FBAA if I failed to complete the Diploma within 12 months of getting MFAA membership or failing to get a mentor.

Is there any difference between FBAA and MFAA in regards to their purpose because from what I had read it looks familiar with the exception of entry requirements.

Should do the Diploma with the Cert IV.

I recently did mine with NFI - http://www.financeinstitute.com.au/

Three days for the Cert IV and 2 days for the Diploma. Unfortunately can't see any courses in Adelaide - maybe worth a call and see if they can offer alternatives.

Good luck!

Well from what i remember whilst reading the forums its best to actually write a few loans before attempting a Diploma due to the fact it might be too complicated.

Also from what I had also researched there are online courses from kaplan and NFI offering Cert IV and Diploma

So what think of NFI and its materials? Because I also want to ask which education institution(s) are good at teaching the Cert IV and Diploma.

Well from what i remember whilst reading the forums its best to actually write a few loans before attempting a Diploma due to the fact it might be too complicated.

Also from what I had also researched there are online courses from kaplan and NFI offering Cert IV and Diploma

So what think of NFI and its materials? Because I also want to ask which education institution(s) are good at teaching the Cert IV and Diploma.

Quite a few class mates did that. Wrote a few loans and then did the Diploma but after doing the course, it doesn't really make that much of a difference.

Our teacher spent half a day going through each assignment and literally gave us the answers.

The materials are decent along with the notes. Hard to compare as it's the only course I have done.

Quite a few class mates did that. Wrote a few loans and then did the Diploma but after doing the course, it doesn't really make that much of a difference.

Our teacher spent half a day going through each assignment and literally gave us the answers.

The materials are decent along with the notes. Hard to compare as it's the only course I have done.

Thanks for your input. Anyway I think its best for me at the moment is to try Cert IV and had an actual mentor for me to kickstart my career since I want to focus on what i had learned/researched and do it step by step.

In general, I want to be careful enough not to mess up.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input. Anyway I think its best for me at the moment is to try Cert IV and had an actual mentor for me to kickstart my career since I want to focus on what i had learned/researched and do it step by step.

In general, I want to be careful enough not to mess up.

Update: I think I will do a Cert IV and Diploma at the same time, since NFI offers two courses at once with a reduced rate.

Thanks for the recommendation! And happy Easter Holidays!!

Back