Australia day

Went for a long drive to Mt Tomah Botanic Gardens & strolled around in the rain for quite a while, then headed off to Mt Victoria for lunch before coming back home. I've just spent some time updating some Ebay listings, so now for a cuppa & a relax.

If we did not allow anyone born outside Australia to get an Award...there would be very few entitled!!!! This is a country of immigrants!!!

The Governor of SA is conducting the Citizen Ceremony is SA...he was a refugee from Vietnam. I think its fantastic!!!!
It wasn't that they were *immigrants* that I had a problem with; quite the opposite! It's that they all have such strong links with *Britain*. (And my ancestry is all British.)

I'd prefer we forged a new Australian identity that matches contemporary Australia; that embraces indigenous Australians, those who've been here a long time, and those who've arrived more recently.

What I don't want is a reversion to a British colony that's for whites only, and that's what the whole reintroducing "knights and dames" debacle, plus selecting a Greek-born prince of England for the title, signals to me.

What's everyone up to today?. I'm off to a street BBQ. A friend of mine blocks the street and all the neighbour's from around come for a feed and the kids play street cricket.
Did a 10km Fun-Run with my oldest son in the am, then dropped him down at the pier to catch up with his friends for an Aus day get-together, then spent the rest of the arvo at home having a BBQ with another family of friends at our place, drinking, chatting and watching the kids go mad in the pool.

Great day.

Last edited:
Hope everyone had a great Ozzie Day.

We did something different went to the flicks to see Birdman, lead actor Michael Keaton, highly recommend this movie.
After this went to a nearby restaurant, not so good, too bad cant win them all.

Back