Australian Investment Institute

Hi out there

Has anyone had any experience with Australian Investment Institute - we are meeting with them on Saturday and want to make sure they are legit.

Hi JOJO,

On their web site is the following....

Our vision is purely focused on member’s success, providing the guidance, products, services and support needed for this success;

I added the highlighted bits.:rolleyes:

They wish to sell you something.

I'm willing to bet they have a nice new townhouse/apartment for you, and possibly a magic share fund.

bye

PS, whoops, just looked further on their website, they have trading software to sell you.

Don't walk out, RUN

Last edited:
Yep they sold a good story - take care of everything like lenders, property management, get good deals on new properties etc. A friend belongs to a similar investment group and is finding it very beneficial as she is very time poor.

However I am a firm believer - if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

We will go along on Saturday but won't part with anything! Nothing to lose except two hours that I won't get back again - second thoughts may cancel!

Hiya

If u have the time always research all opportunities......................you may miss a corker if you dont give them all some time.

While they look like the "usual" crowd u never know.

ta
rolf

Hi all,

Rolf, The part that really threw me about them was where they called their "mentor" for the new investor as................
"mentor (which is someone that has been trading for a min of 1 year"

ONE year!!!!!!! That makes them an expert!!!

I assume you have not been to their web site to read, and I understand where you are coming from with your comments about learning, but not with the intensive nature they will place on a newbee for me.

bye

Sound like a members introduce and mentor other membrs type of setup (?)
....with further support for more experienced members always available......

Thought I'd update you. We went along for the meeting - first half was all about Finance from a company called Odyssey. We really enjoyed it! They had a few little tax tips and also some loan structure advice. They use the Somersoft PIA software so that's all good.

The Investment side of things - not so impressive, nothing new there and I think they are more geared to real newbies. They didn't need to convince us to invest for our future, we're already doing that.

So loans, will be restructured to work more in our favour and some extra tax return for next year.

money well spent.

Jojo

Thought I'd update you. We went along for the meeting - first half was all about Finance from a company called Odyssey. We really enjoyed it! They had a few little tax tips and also some loan structure advice. They use the Somersoft PIA software so that's all good.

The Investment side of things - not so impressive, nothing new there and I think they are more geared to real newbies. They didn't need to convince us to invest for our future, we're already doing that.

So loans, will be restructured to work more in our favour and some extra tax return for next year.

money well spent.

Jojo

Would you mind sharing the loan structuring and tax tips? It might benefit us all.

Cheers,
Oracle.

We will go along on Saturday but won't part with anything! Nothing to lose except two hours that I won't get back again

money well spent.

Jojo

So how much DID you spend?

Did they refinance for you or are you using the ideas they gave you, yourself?

Haha I just found out that Henry Kaye's outfit was called the National Investment Institute.

Here is a big hint: anything with the word "institute" in the name is BS.

so lets do some digging.

Whois shows their registrar as the contact for the domain - so we're stopped on that route. They are not self-hosted either, so no point checking IP blocks.

What do ASIC have to say?

http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?acn=130_011_291&juris=9&hdtext=ACN&srchsrc=1

they were registered in March. If anyone wants to dig up the director's names that might shed some light?

So lets go googling for "Australian Investment Institute":

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=75609556

Oh, this looking interesting!

"King Hendry" lists his Companies as:
Owner of "Money Markets International Pty Ltd"
Director of "Synergy International Group Pty Ltd"
Sales Manager for "Australian Investment Institute"

Ok, so lets look up Synergy's front page:
http://synergyinternational.com.au/

oh hang on .. that appears to be Money Market International's front page. Lets click Affiliates.

Now wait a second .. this is now AII's "about us" page, inside the MMI website, at the SIG's web address.

Not.
With.
A.
Barge.
Pole.

Just my opinion.

Cheers,
David

PS: There may be more fun to be had going back over the ASIC docs for each of the companies.

"King Hendry" lists his Companies as:
Owner of "Money Markets International Pty Ltd"
Director of "Synergy International Group Pty Ltd"
Sales Manager for "Australian Investment Institute"

Nice detective work!

I reckon anything with the word "international" in the title is as dodgy as the word "institute".

Back