Australia's CHEAPEST three bedroom houses!!!

Location, Location, Location.

Some decent CF+ properties there, but you'd have to wonder about finding tennants.

Thanks for the link :)

Sub $20K bracket has to be something mobile. Am I right, Nath?! ;)

These all look great on paper, until you have to fork out 50% of your rental income in maintenance each yr.... :D
Let's not also forget the calibre of tenant as well as the very limited pool of PM's who live close enough to consider managing your asset. Hmmm.....
Think I'd give them a miss though that Victorian one looked mildly interesting. Where the hell is Jesprit?!!!

Queenstown??? ROTFL...........that price is a ripoff...you would have to pay me to live there, then id knock you back..........absolute pits of a place!

You would be flat out finding a dog walking around there in winter...seasonal place for tourists, most of whom drive throuigh the joint for very good reason..

id pay a grand for the house, then flog it off for firewood...

there are quite a few little places in tassie that are rock bottom gift houses but like evrything in life, you get what you pay for.....

where the $20k house though?? im all ears if its on the coast of anywhere???

that link above is good for a laugh though!

dont hold back!

Think I'd give them a miss though that Victorian one looked mildly interesting. Where the hell is Jesprit?!!!

I know the Augathella, Qld place - we stop in 'town' for a counter lunch on the way to my in-laws place a few hundred more kms up the road. I have a real problem 'investing' in a place that has less than 400 ppl :eek:

Jacque:
Think I'd give them a miss though that Victorian one looked mildly interesting. Where the hell is Jeparit?!!!

Jeparit: http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-factsheet/jeparit--places-to-see-20081121-6dan.html?page=-1

is in north west Victoria, between Dimboola and Rainbow, Nhill and Warracknabeal.

In the Mallee. Birthplace of Sir Robert Menzies btw.:)

Very close to Lake Hindmarsh Reserve: http://www.totaltravel.com.au/trave.../travel-guides/gardens/lake-hindmarsh-reserve ......

and the beautiful Wyperfeld National Park: http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1park_display.cfm?park=222

Lake Hindmarsh when not hit by drought has the title of Victoria's largest natural freshwater body...(when it's full, that is).

Beautiful characters and country people, beautiful land and country.

Nah its a house, on land. way under value. I will post all the details shortly once all done. It will be worth with a 8k reno $70k.

Picked up another one today in major regional hub for $55k aswell for myself it will rent for $180pw, and be worth 120k with a 10k reno.

t/c, yeh 52% yeild :)

crazy hey. didnt belive thery were still out there.

takes a bit of immagination to do but yeh its a serious number as per my normal numbers.

growth isnt that great, it has maccas kfc etc, all the prime things to show its not a complete waste of time town.

I cannot leave it tehre @ that price.

Sabitor, Il make a post once gone 66w. dont want to jinx myself. not a listed property.

I will give details and you can check rpdata for verification :)

One of those houses is in my old town and I think it is sold now but the agent is really slow to pull listings. Anyone local will tell you it is a hooooooooorrible place to stay but it is 2.5 hours from Adelaide (less if you park in Gawler and take the train ... or just speed), 1 hour from Pt Pirie, 20 mins from Jamestown, actually has broadband and sealed roads now and you can stuff around and do whatever you want because the council leaves it alone. As far as remote goes, its really not that far from civilisation and really suited us as work-from-home internet folks. Its a bit windy though.

I want over $90k for my house but it doesn't *need* any work done to it (unless you MUST have a brand new kitchen and brand new bathroom) and it would probably rent for $100-110 a week. Would rate as one of Australia's cheapest renovated stone houses, but not *the* cheapest by any stretch. I still need to finish tiling the bathroom, but the freakin thing is 4.3x2.5x3.6m so that's a lot of tiling. My place doesn't look like those other ones, the new roof and tanks kinda makes it stand out. I was the source of gossip for some time when I got the place reroofed, apparently you're just supposed to stick chewing gum over the rust holes or something when you live in the country.

FYI, there is a shop with full stock for sale for $20k by word of mouth there too. Old hardware store.

Back