average price for these reno

Hey everybody I'm just organising a interstate Reno. Essentially I need two bedrooms, average sized lounge carpeted and a kitchen space vinyled. I've been quoted about $2100 if I clear the old flooring out is this a reasonable price? Also more worrying for a split cycle installed I've been quoted $3100. Its a ground floor unit with 2 bedrooms I find this quite high considering it'd only really need a split cycle of 3.5kw for cool/heating! Anyone know an average price at all? Tia

You have not given enough info for people to make comment.

Hey everybody I'm just organising a interstate Reno. Essentially I need two bedrooms, average sized lounge carpeted and a kitchen space vinyled. I've been quoted about $2100 if I clear the old flooring out is this a reasonable price?
Price depends on the quality of the vinyl and the carpet. Also vinyl need to be laid on a flat hard surface like smooth concrete or masonite squares if laid over timber. What's your quote include?

Also more worrying for a split cycle installed I've been quoted $3100. Its a ground floor unit with 2 bedrooms I find this quite high considering it'd only really need a split cycle of 3.5kw for cool/heating! Anyone know an average price at all? Tia
I recently paid $2,400 for a bigger split A/C for a 3brm house, installed. Again, it will depend on the brand and quality. Inverter or not. Mitsubishi Electric, Fujitsu or something else?

I recently paid $1350 for carpet and underlay installed into 3 bedrooms.
About 30SQM in total. Average carpet for an IP but not the cheapest which was under $1000.

Vinyl can be from a few hundred for a small-average size kitchen.
Labour would cost around the same as well.
Depends on the quality.

I had a Fujitsu aircon (4.2KW I think) installed a year ago in my IP $1498 for aircon and $100 install on sale. Was on at Harvey Norman.
Came with a $150 eftpos card as well.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Yeah I think the air con quote is pretty out there considering its such a small space. With the Harvey Norman air con was it through them you got it installed for $100 or did you have to find your own person for that pricing?

WHAT?

I have paid both $700 and $1000 to get air con installed. You need an electrician to add in to the power board. You may have to have the unit installed out of site of the common areas which may require more labour and materials than a basic installation.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Yeah I think the air con quote is pretty out there considering its such a small space. With the Harvey Norman air con was it through them you got it installed for $100 or did you have to find your own person for that pricing?

Harvey Norman has a company that does it for them. A few times a year Harvey Norman have $100 installation when you purchase certain aircon units off them. Usually $600 for basic back to back wall install with 3 meters of piping and 10 meters of electrical wiring.

I just remembered I had another one installed to another property bit over 6 months ago, this was a 2.5KW Teco I think. It was $1100 or $1200 installed, same company. The additional extras are the things that add up in price like extra piping, cable, 2 storey house etc.

Back