Average Property Value

For no reason at all I am interested to see the average value of peoples properties.

Total Value / Number of properties = Average Value

I only have two properties these days....

A PPoR and a 2 x 1 villa unit in a mining town.

PPoR is circa $1.5mill, and the villa is circa $250k.

Thus; average is circa $875k

Have a business as well - which I regard as another IP, but I can't put a value on it to add to the mix.

For no reason at all I am interested to see the average value of peoples properties.

If I place my bare left foot in a bucket of ice water and my bare right foot in a bucket of boiling water, on average, I'd be feeling pretty comfortable. In reality.....pointless. :confused:

Three statisticians went hunting. The first one fired and the shot went above the bird. Second statistician fired and shot went below. The third statistician yelled "We got it!"

Averages are never used in property, medians are more useful.

$515k + $620k +$ 700k = $1.835M/3 = $611k

meh, I think this is a good thread. I guess it allows people to know a little insight to how us investors purchase property. IE do we have a portfolio that consists of cheapies and more exxy propertys, or closer range etc. FYI all my properties are in Sydney

Last edited:
$515k + $620k +$ 700k = $1.835M/3 = $611k

meh, I think this is a good thread. I guess it allows people to know a little insight to how us investors purchase property. IE do we have a portfolio that consists of cheapies and more exxy propertys, or closer range etc. FYI all my properties are in Sydney

And if someone has both, you can't infer anything. Medians are more useful that averages for getting a feel for house values.

Back