Average water bill per quarter in Sydney

Hi everyone,

I've just purchased a property in Blacktown and upon settlement, I found out that the previous owners pays $300/quarter for water usage. That's quite high by my experience, and I suspect there may be a leak somewhere. Just wondering, what is the average water bill per quarter in Sydney?

Many thanks.
Lei

maybe he had teenage kids
teenagers can shower for hours.....

it can vary a lot depending on how efficient they are with water.

some examples

1 IP with a couple & no kids uses approx $200 pq
1 IP with 3 teenage kids uses approx $280 pq
1 family 2 adults + 3 kids use approx $240 pq

Last edited:
8 year olds are pretty bad too. I have a small bathroom and after she's been in there (for what seems like an eternity) the walls are literally running with condensation, and the two of us can have showers one after the other and not have that happen.

Anyway, aren't water bills pegged to house value? Or are you talking just the water component, not the supply/sewer charges?

We live in a unit in Sydney. Total "water" bill per quarter is $140.30. This is made up of:

Water service $3.30
Sewerage service $125.29
Stormwater drainage $11.71

I'm amazed the "water" is actually so cheap - doesn't encourage people to save water!

Regards,

Jason

We live in a unit in Sydney. Total "water" bill per quarter is $140.30. This is made up of:

Water service $3.30
Sewerage service $125.29
Stormwater drainage $11.71

I'm amazed the "water" is actually so cheap - doesn't encourage people to save water!

Regards,

Jason

Jason - your not paying for water - your only paying for the service.

Water is from memory $1.80 per 1000 litres and about to get dearer - 5 years ago it was 0.89 cents - so in 5 years it has doubled.

some say still cheap - in another 5 years the average house would be likely to be paying between $400 & $500 per quarter - not cheap then.

Thanks everyone! I see $300 is on the high side but falls within a reasonable range. When I purchased the property it had termites damage and I had to pay $5,000 to fix up timbers in the roof and subfloor area. Glad that I don't have to spend extra on leaking pipes.

Back