[/B][/B]Buying a friend's house

A work Colleague is selling her house. The price sounded reasonable as it needed some work. She had a buyer who dropped out because their solicitor told them not to buy a house with an eavesment (sp?) on it (comments on this welcome). It runs down the side.
It had termite damage years ago but has been clear for years (I must admit any termite talk worries me a bit which is probably why it hasn't sold). It does need modernising, new kitchen, bathroom.

Anyway she needs to sell and has dropped the price 15%. Now I'm interested.

She had a one month contract, extended until end Dec. If I purchase before that does she still have to pay agents commission? Or does it depend on the contract?

thanks,
Lynne

Hi there
an easement does not necessarily mean there is a problem with the property - but it would affect the ability to build in that area - if it runs down the side of the property it would possibly house the services or the property.
As for agent's commission - it does depend on the agency arrangement she has - if that agency introduce the buyer then commission is payable - regardless of how long the contract was. Most agreements do have to be terminated properly to not allow a commission to be paid.
thanks

Back