Babies are trouble

this is a seriously funny thread.

my 4yo like to play mum. she likes to discipline the 2yo and the 1yo (who just look at her like "wtf?!"), puts them on the "naughty spot" (yes we don't smack unless it super bad and and dangerous like touching the hot tap or jumping in the bath),makes them have naps - it's very funny how their little minds work.

miss4 won't eat anything orange, green or any meat that looks "funny" (still yet to define funny). now the 2yo is starting to pickup on this and try it on.

i tell ya - making everything a puree with that handheld blender is awesome. you can hide SO MUCH in a banana smoothie it's not funny.

My son who has just turned 4 has found he can get a huge laugh by sitting on his bottom, then pulling himself along with his hands while remaining in a sitting position with his legs out in front, and shouting "I've got worms! I've got worms"!

Personally I don't think it's that much of a problem, because it isn't specifically 'naughty', doesn't damage anything and doesn't hurt anyone's feelings. Plus I am a ratbag and find it funny...

miss4 won't eat anything orange, green or any meat that looks "funny" ....

Same with my nearly 21 year old :D.

i tell ya - making everything a puree with that handheld blender is awesome. you can hide SO MUCH in a banana smoothie it's not funny.

I still "hide" carrot in with the orange sweep potato so the 20 year old won't know he is eating carrot.

All my boys ate pretty much everything when they were small. The older they get, the more fussy they become. I keep telling them "rubbish in - rubbish out" but it's kind of pathetic to have to hide carrot in with sweet potato when your "fussy eater" is nearly 21 :eek:.

At least he's toilet trained :).

This is a really funny thread. Weg, your tale but me REALLY LOL!

My 15mth is still not walking. The other kids pick him up and carry him around as soon as he moans!

You guys with no kids......it is SO completely different when it's your very own flesh and blood.

You grow to love them for the first 9 months of their lives before they are even brought into the world.

There is also absolutely nothing more precious than the look on your partner's face when they first lay eyes on their child.

Just priceless.:D

Regards JO

I'll stick to the having fun, but handing them back to Mummy when things get gross or noisy. :)

Can that be my plan when I've got my own kids, too? :D

I have a four-week-old nephew, and a niece who'll be three by about this time next week. They're both absolutely adorable, I love those kids. Really looking forward to having my own one day. I rocked up to Mum & Dad's place last night and Breanna was bouncing around on her hands and knees on the floor, barking and pretending to be a puppy. As soon as she heard me open the door, she shouted "Jibby!!", ran over to give me a hug, and smiled up at me.

I melted. Moments like that are pure gold.

Also, the difficult kids are actually very bright and have so much more potential once their behaviour is sorted out.

What a gross overgeneralisation.

Because a child is difficult does NOT mean they are bright.

Some may be but the two have nothing to do with each other.

I have taught naughty kids with an IQ of 50 and naughty kids who are gifted. I've taught perfectly behaved children with low IQ's and perfectly behaved children that are gifted.

You guys with no kids......it is SO completely different when it's your very own flesh and blood.

So true. I don't think I could very easily wipe someone else's kid's nose and risk getting snot on my hand, but with your own....... well, it is just different, isn't it?

And getting a bit of snot on your hand, or the carpet is not the worst thing that will happen!!

Wouldn't swap it for the world, but it is hard work and as they hit the teens, it kind of gets harder.

Mine are in their 20's and it don't get any easier. :rolleyes:

Mums just worry - as do nannas, so I'm discovering!

You are so right. My oldest is nearly 21 and the "difficult" teens are over. Now we are entering the 20's the "issues" just change.

I have a brother, who at 52 is more trouble than he was right through his teens, and that was BAD. Trouble kids can and do turn into trouble adults, and my mum, at 72 still has to deal with him.

It is so unfair :mad:. Many parents would have disowned him 30 or even 40 years ago, but it goes on, and on, and on.....

Like I said, snotty noses and dirty bottoms are easily fixed.

With most people going on to have a second or a third (and sometimes a forth and fifth :eek:) says something about the high level of tolerance you have with your own kids.

What a gross overgeneralisation.

Because a child is difficult does NOT mean they are bright.

Some may be but the two have nothing to do with each other.

I have taught naughty kids with an IQ of 50 and naughty kids who are gifted. I've taught perfectly behaved children with low IQ's and perfectly behaved children that are gifted.

I think you misunderstood. I wasn't generalising but talking about the kids in my hubby's class. Just what he tells me, they're bright and have lots of potential when they want to listen. But anyway you can keep attacking me on this thread. what next?

You are so right. My oldest is nearly 21 and the "difficult" teens are over. Now we are entering the 20's the "issues" just change.

I have a brother, who at 52 is more trouble than he was right through his teens, and that was BAD. Trouble kids can and do turn into trouble adults, and my mum, at 72 still has to deal with him.

It is so unfair :mad:. Many parents would have disowned him 30 or even 40 years ago, but it goes on, and on, and on.....

Like I said, snotty noses and dirty bottoms are easily fixed.

What a shame.

Yes, the snot, poo and tanties are the easy bit.

My niece turns 40 this year and gives her mum and dad grief of one sort or another every day.

My son and DIL's little one just turned 13 months and although they pull their hair out, I just laugh and kidnap him for the day to give them a break. Poor sods really have no idea what's to come.

With most people going on to have a second or a third (and sometimes a forth and fifth :eek:) says something about the high level of tolerance you have for your own kids.
That's cos most people have them when the last one is still a small, cute toddler. By the time they're noxious teenagers and you want to wring their necks you're too old to breed yourself ;)

Or they just keep trying for a boy, or a girl, or a redhead, or one that is well behaved, or ... or ...

I want one that sleeps as well as #1 but is otherwise the same as #2 :D

That's cos most people have them when the last one is still a small, cute toddler. By the time they're noxious teenagers and you want to wring their necks you're too old to breed yourself ;)

Or they just keep trying for a boy, or a girl, or a redhead, or one that is well behaved, or ... or ...

I want one that sleeps as well as #1 but is otherwise the same as #2 :D

True. Never quite understood the fierce desire to have a child of a particular sex or having one of each myself and think it's amusing when I see someone with a few boys/girls.

Then there's having one to play with the other. It's more like having one to fight with the other ;).

As you said I think most have another because they love and adore the first one and just want more of that same feeling. A bit like not stopping at one bowl of icecream. Too many bowls and you make yourself sick :D.

Wylie - I change 2 nappies today of either were my babies. My kids, nieces and nephews is my limit though. Josh has 11 cousins under 4y.o

weg- I don't think parents think of it as high tolerance. Well I know I don't. I have found motherhood pretty easy and enjoyed every sec of it. Josh never went through terrible 2s and 3s. The twins are dream babies. I guarantee anyone can come and look after them and will find it extremely easy. They are so smiley all the time and can go whole day without crying. They are 5mths old. To sleep, just pop them in the cot and walk out. They sleep 7 to 7 with no waking or night feeds and 2.5 hrs in the morn, 2.5hrs in the afternoon and another 1hr in late afternoon. All at the same time so give me plent of time during the day to play with older son, keep the house clean, cook and do property stuff and paperwork and surf the net. That's my experience though.

I would love no 4 but I don't think I can go through more fertility treatments again. PPl that can conceive naturally are so lucky.

weg- I don't think parents think of it as high tolerance. Well I know I don't. I have found motherhood pretty easy and enjoyed every sec of it. Josh never went through terrible 2s and 3s. The twins are dream babies. I guarantee anyone can come and look after them and will find it extremely easy. They are so smiley all the time and can go whole day without crying. They are 5mths old. To sleep, just pop them in the cot and walk out. They sleep 7 to 7 with no waking or night feeds and 2.5 hrs in the morn, 2.5hrs in the afternoon and another 1hr in late afternoon. All at the same time so give me plent of time during the day to play with older son, keep the house clean, cook and do property stuff and paperwork and surf the net. That's my experience though.

Hehe, I think I would be fairly comfortable in saying that *most* parents dont find it easy, I think most would say they have enjoyed every second of it (well nearly!)and feel very comfortable doing it, but that at times it can be very challenging and exhausting. Of course the rewards are much greater than the challenges, or no-one would do it!

My kids generally have great manners and behave well in public, but boy they can get up to some mischief at times (see toilet escapades above:eek: ), but I love it. I'd be worried if my kids sat quietly in their rooms all day and entertained themselves with boring toys, I love that they can go outside and pick up snails, letting them leave a slime trail up their arms, or make mud pies for hours on end, even if it does make a god-awful mess on the patio - that's what being a kid is about isnt it, exploring the world, experiencing new things and learning through touch...to me, a plate of spag bol on the head is a learning experience and great fun...might as well do it when you are 18mths old, you'll never get to do it again!:D

Nadia

Wylie - I change 2 nappies today of either were my babies. My kids, nieces and nephews is my limit though. Josh has 11 cousins under 4y.o

Don't get me wrong. I too have looked after other babies, and children and done the dirty work, but it is just not the same as getting your own kid's poo under your fingernails, is it? :D

Back