Babies are trouble

I agree with you. I think those one off spontaneous moments are the best but not if it happened every time. So eventhough it's cute I would still tell them that it's not a hat and they should not do that again.

They sleep 7 to 7 with no waking or night feeds and 2.5 hrs in the morn, 2.5hrs in the afternoon and another 1hr in late afternoon.
:eek::eek::eek:

Good lord. That's like a lifetime of sleep in one day. Mine sleeps more now than she ever has: 8:30pm-8am with 20 minutes in the afternoon if I'm lucky, usually no afternoon nap. Before she was 14 months old she'd sleep from about 12am-8am (waking up several times to eat) then from 9am-11am, but a lot of the time we were pushing to get her to bed before 3am. We muddled through that first year in sleep deprivation hell.

I throw both of them in bed at 8:30 at night, and one is almost 9 years old!

Yeah!! Sue, I'd like to see how you would cope with the babies I got, who just didn't sleep for very long, no matter how hard, or what we tried :eek:.

The slightest thing seemed to wake them. I found the "white noise" of the ABC radio would help smooth out the background noise, but used to run to the radio to try to get to it before the music announcing the hourly news started, because that used to wake them, or the loo flushing. They just were light sleepers, just like their mum :D.

They obviously got enough sleep over a 24 hour period, but never in very long blocks of time. Certainly not enough time for me to do anything much while they were asleep.

Now I cannot get the buggers out of bed :confused:.

Our little guy is generally well behaved (apart from a somewhat naughty sense of humour), but he NEEDS boundaries and rules within which to operate. Give him clear boundaries, and he is great. Without rules he pushes until he does something stupid (just like many kids).

I've had a fair bit to do with teens through volunteer work I do, and the ones who are the nicest are the ones who are used to clear boundaries. The ones whose parents don't give direction are usually pains in the bum. I think some parents 'kill them with kindness', by not being firm and setting realistic parameters for behaviour.

So I bought some cheap and nasty Asian two minute noodles the other day. You know the sort, they come with half a dozen sachets of soy sauce, chilli sauce, dried vegetables, powdered spice etc. Very tasty, well worth the 60c they cost just for my week's dose of sodium all in one bowl.

Anyway, no sooner had I eaten them than the baby stole my bowl and wore it as a hat.

So we have this baby with a shock of 80s rocker curls all gummed up with the gooey dregs of reconstituted chilli sauce, smelling like the dumpster behind a cheap Asian restaurant.

Off to run a bath. Baby loves baths. Got it about half full and she came wandering in to see what I was doing, got all excited, threw all the bath toys in at record speed and then jumped in herself, sat down and started playing.

Problem was, she was fully dressed at the time - jumper, tshirt, pants, socks, leather shoes and of course a nappy ...

Had to make quite the effort to stop laughing so we could get all the clothes off :)

Sounds like a few of my mates as adults at parties...:D

Sue- sorry if you thought I was attacking you.

I thought I was stating an opinion (about the hypocritical bit). I think it is. If you don't that's fine. We all have different tolerances and ways of raising children. We can't all agree but that doesn't mean one person is wrong and one is right.

You did state that naughty children are bright and this is not necessarily the case. I was not to know you meant the ones in your husbands class. I took my view from my 17 years teaching experience plus my special needs training.

And talking about misinterpreting- when I said I like children "with personality" you assumed I meant naughty (which I didn't). I meant I like children with personality. Some may at times be naughty but I don't like overgeneralisations or typecasting children.

travelbug - oh right...yes it's easy to misintepret on forums. sorry

So true, I can't count the number of times I've corrected my posts becasue I was worried about interpretation.

My baby is so much better today. He ended up with an ear infection, not to mention conjunctivitis and the antibiotics have really perked him up. :):)

Regards JO

Now I cannot get the buggers out of bed :confused:.

that's hilarious!

I had a terrible night last night..reminded me of when they were newborns. They had their jabs yesterday so it was to be expected but I only barely coped. I don't know how you guys do it. Thing is when they are fussy, they won't have a feed to settle (not hungry, have not had a night bottle isnce 8 weeks), they won't take a dummy (they have no idea what it is and they scream), they won't sleep in bed with me (coz they have never done that) and they won't even settle in my arms. Boy twin is teething, we can see 4 spots on white on his bottom gum. I gave them panadol, water and just had to let them cry themselves to sleep. I tried everything and they would cry even more coz they were just so tired but couldn't sleep. They were very stuffy. Had to clear their nostrils and put on the vapouriser. It took about 10mins but I feel so bad..they are only 5mths old and don't need mummy for comfort. I hate letting them cry to sleep when I know they're sick.

Each time they fussed I would just pat them. No point getting them up coz they would cry even more. They would sleep another 1.5 to 2 hrs and then cry again. More patting. Poor babies, they are still unwell today but not too fussy. Can't wait for my all day happy babies back.

a mother's love - they've been so snotty and both freak out each time I use that squeezy thing to get the snot out that I've just found it easier to suck it out and spit it out. It's so gross but still better than hearing your baby cry. For dry ones I have to use my pinky fingernails.

I also wear the same top even if I get milk spit up on it unless it's projectile. It's so funny watching my childless friends freak out when they get a bit of spit up on their clothes.

Recent pic
so4nkx.jpg

OMG They are so cute!

Oh boy, you twin mum's SO deserve a medal but then I guess you get twice as many kisses and hugs!:)

Regards JO

I've just found it easier to suck it out and spit it out. It's so gross but still better than hearing your baby cry. For dry ones I have to use my pinky fingernails.

Just when I thought I couldn't be more put off from having kids! I thought the nappy stories were bad, I think I may now vomit!!! :eek:

I am still so confused as to why people CHOOSE to have kids. Noisy, dirty, high maintenance, ball and chain and then they grow up to be ungrateful teenagers. Yikes, give up 20+ more years of my life for one? I don't think so! :)

Just when I thought I couldn't be more put off from having kids! I thought the nappy stories were bad, I think I may now vomit!!! :eek:

I am still so confused as to why people CHOOSE to have kids. Noisy, dirty, high maintenance, ball and chain and then they grow up to be ungrateful teenagers. Yikes, give up 20+ more years of my life for one? I don't think so! :)

They're worth everything they throw at you. Becoming a father is the most satisfying and fulfilling thing I have ever done.

They're worth everything they throw at you. Becoming a father is the most satisfying and fulfilling thing I have ever done.

Seconded by me.

Sue, your twins are adorable, hope they get back to normal, happy little people soon.

My grandson is EVIL when cutting teeth - it changes his whole personality.

that's hilarious!

I had a terrible night last night..reminded me of when they were newborns.

I read that and thought "what the". I thought they WERE still newborns. How time flies. It seems like only last week you posted about having them. I know it probably doesn't seem like that to you though.

They are adorable.

They can also be charming, entertaining and sometimes better behaved than some adults :).

I couldn't imaging my life being more fulfilling without them. And, I wasn't the maternal type before they came along.

Woo, someone else has babies with hair! I thought it was just me who had to take the baby to the hairdresser to get trimmed every month :)

I can't believe how much the little one copies. My first *never* copied me. The little one loaded the washing machine for me today, shut the door and tried to turn it on.

While we're posting photos, here's one I tried to take of the Big Child. What I ended up getting a photo of was the little one getting in the way and the other half whisking her out of the way, so the little one has been snapped just before throwing a tantrum for not getting to play with the camera.

cassie-blocking-aisha.jpg

She's currently sitting at his desk, systematically taking all the money out of his wallet and putting it in his coffee cup.

Then there's having one to play with the other. It's more like having one to fight with the other ;).

That was me! First one came along unexpectedly. We were going to wait a couple of years, but she had other ideas. We decided that since we wanted kids anyway, we should have the next one close in age so they would be good little playmates.

How very WRONG we were. Eldest has always had a chip on her shoulder (wanted to be an only child) and the two of them detest each other. Now that they are supposedly adults there is still not a day goes past where the two of them don't have a huge shouting match. I am SO over hearing them argue.

Sue78: The Little One spotted the picture of your babies and announces:

"oooh! look! babies! the babies! walk! babies walk!"

In our house, a pram is a "walk", and yours are in a pram :)

Back