Babies are trouble

Just when I thought I couldn't be more put off from having kids! I thought the nappy stories were bad, I think I may now vomit!!! :eek:

I am still so confused as to why people CHOOSE to have kids. Noisy, dirty, high maintenance, ball and chain and then they grow up to be ungrateful teenagers. Yikes, give up 20+ more years of my life for one? I don't think so! :)

Such a funny thread....hee hee Leikela cracked me up big time...still wiping away the tears.....:D

Just when I thought I couldn't be more put off from having kids! I thought the nappy stories were bad, I think I may now vomit!!! :eek:

I am still so confused as to why people CHOOSE to have kids. Noisy, dirty, high maintenance, ball and chain and then they grow up to be ungrateful teenagers. Yikes, give up 20+ more years of my life for one? I don't think so! :)

Hehe my SIL thought exactly like this...until she was 40, and then all of a sudden, BOOM, the baby body clock started ticking loud and clear. Lucky for her she was able to conceive naturally and in a short space of time..not everyone is so lucky. Now she cant believe she thought like that! And now, although she would have loved another, she feels she is "getting on a bit" and is settling for the one.

The number of people I know in their 20's who say they NEVER want kids, that all of a sudden start having babies is amazing!

why are you confused Leikela? if your mum didn't choose to have you, you wouldn't be here today ;)

If I had know what was involved I may have been put off coz I didn't have any experience with babies but now that I have kids, being a mum is the best thing in the world.

rumple - your daughter has so much hair!

apologies for the huge picture...did not realize. Forgot to resize it!

Dayton is happy to take anything that goes in his mouth including panadol and nurofen but katie cracks it big time, gags, chokes omigosh..it's terrible. orange nurofen is sweet and yummy..what's the problem? we can bribe josh with medicine. He has been sick recently and thinks medicine is the answer so we've had to say 'what happens if you take too much medicine? look what happened to Michael Jackson!"

My little one is nearly 19 months and definitely has personality but it is all good.

Just had to do a trip were I didn't see her for nearly 2 months and never want to do that again. The change from 17 months to 19 months has been amazing.

Still yet to experience any of the messy problems or situations others have had so consider that a blessing.

The big one for some bizarre reason can't seem to remember a routine to save her life - never has been able to. She was completely muddled last night as to what to do next in her frighteningly long and complex evening routine (brush teeth, go to toilet, go to bed) so the little one stepped in and herded her into bed going "bed bed bed bed bed bed bed", tucked her in, then rushed off into her own room and went flying through her own bedtime routine in perfect order.

When she's 3 I think she's going to be running the entire house.

Meanwhile I suspect I need to sit down and dictate what the big one does every spare minute of her day and in what order. Can you get blank fridge magnets you can write on?

. Can you get blank fridge magnets you can write on?

Sure you can :D a piece of clear contact put on the fridge (assuming it is a white fridge not stainless) makes a GREAT whiteboard.

I had one for most of my kids' growing years :) (Don't forget to draw a border with permanent marker so you remember where the edge of the contact is ....even whiteboard maker pen takes AGES (and eventually a bit of cutting compond) to get off :(

Back